Monday, December 8, 2008

Weekend Update

I've just been so busy, that I haven't been able to make time for my thrilling Blog stories. I'm terribly sorry for that. I've been busying myself for the last many days with Fighting the Battle of My Life. I've gone from a place of normalcy to a bizarre world called Dementia and Mania. I think the creators were high when the made it. Its somewhat entertaining, but mostly I'm completing these tasks because i just want to be done with it so I can get back to my normal fight. One bad thing with the new set of quests is that I had to update my program which doesn't allow me to cheat anymore! It really does suck. Being just the average super hero.

On Friday night I was casually wandering the neighborhoods when I went over to Cheryl's place to see what she was doing. As soon as I ran into her she invited me to help her use a gift card that she had to Chili's. I quickly agreed and off we went. It sounded so good, but when we got there, the menu's were sticky, and nothing appealed to me. It was an odd feeling to not lust after anything on their beautifully pictured menu. It was like I wanted everything so much, that it all just canceled everything else out, leaving me indifferent. I finally saw an appetizer that caught my eye, and went with that. I didn't even finish it and I was super full. Thanks Cheryl! Oh, and also our waiter's 'name' was Boo. not Bo (Bow), but Boo, and in the sound you make when you try to scare a child. It was a white kid too, which made it that much more confusing, cause the last time I heard that term it was racist. Dumb kids.

Saturday was early for me. I was indeed ready for a nice long restful day, but in order to start that restful day, I required a haircut. I arranged it the night before, but my hair would was getting pretty shaggy. I like the place I go cause the chick is friendly and knows exactly what to do without me saying anything. The down side is that sometimes when she's telling a story with her accent and a little mumbling, then I'll hear "you know what I mean?" So I'll have to give the 'fake' laugh and say how funny that story was that she just told, and how I can relate. Only after I was leaving did I realize that I sometimes I do that when I'm not 'faking' it, so don't get offended if you hear that from me.

A little later in the morning I decided to sell my ucla vs. usc football tickets. Because I distrust the internet and most people who use it, I resorted to driving myself all the way to the rose bowl in Pasadena. It wasn't that bad of a drive, but to find parking on the street so I didn't have to pay those ridiculously inflated prices I had to park 1.4 miles (30 min.)away. It probably took longer to drive to Pasadena, than it did to walk from where I parked to the stadium. It was painful. Not just the walk, but I walked there, gave up on selling the tickets, walked back to my car, called Cheryl and got permission to stay and watch a little of the game, then walked back to the stadium. Then of course walking back to my car for a total of 5.6 miles! Holy crap. And all in flip flops too. Needless to say, when I got back to Pelham, my feet were exhausted. I got home just in time to watch the wonderful end of the game. Yes Evan, I said Wonderful!

Lunch was sponsored by Marie Callendars.

I'm listening to the beginning of a month of Christmas songs.

2 comments:

Silvs said...

actually "boo" is also a slang term for boyfriend or girlfriend. i believed it was made popular by a INOJ song that had the lyrics "give me a call boo"
and then usher and alicia keys came out with a lame song called "my boo"

anyway, i still think its a stupid name for a child.

Jim Cunliffe said...

That makes me feel a bit better now. Thanks Silvia.
:)