Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight Edition

Yes, its true. I spent Friday evening with about 500 screaming (annoying) high school girls. And Cheryl too of course. We went to see the 'long' awaited Twilight movie. It was a pretty good movie, but just as suspected; but it was annoying because certain areas of the theater would 'ohhhhhh' and 'ahhhhhh' at different parts, depending on which character they were in love with. (I could easily see this movie becoming a cult classic like the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' in only a few years. ) Usually each of the big characters would make a 'slow-motion' entrance onto the screen. Like I said it was a good story, a little 'High-school-ish', but tolerable, and mostly enjoyable. I didn't like that they took 60-70% of the film just to introduce all the characters, then the remaining 30% of the film for plot and action. There should have been more happening early on, that's for sure. And it was a little childish at the one kissing scene cause every little girl would scream with anticipation at the lip smacking, which only lasted a 1/2 second. During the credits I got them all back as they were cheering as their favorite characters were introduced onto screen, I was definitely the only guy to cheer for the lead girl, and another dude character that only had a 2 minute part at the end. Sure it made sense for me cheering for hot chicks, but many people looked at me when I cheered for some old nobody dude.

The best part of the night though was eating Teriakai Chicken before the movie, and then eating a big slab of Pecan Pie after the movie at home! Those were my highlights.

Oh ya, and also, I was pressured into buying new clothes. Cheryl took me 'shopping' at the mall before hand too. She 'informed' me of this 'shopping' adventure only moments after arriving home from a long day of work, and only minutes before we were to leave. From how she told me of this trip, it seemed like she had been hyping this shopping trip up in her head all day, cause she was excited [for me]to go [too]. We went to the Gap. Apparently they were having a sale on pants. I didn't know I needed pants, but I think Cheryl saw it differently. She loured me into the store with some super coupon that she had, and then I was pushed into the dressing room with a few pairs of pants and ordered to 'try them on until I liked them'. I actually did find 1 pair that I liked cause it made my butt look even better than it already does. So we got them.

Today at work its super crazy (and boring) cause the network is broken so none of us can work. Then in an experiment to fix it I temporarily broke my computer and locked myself out of it. So the guys that were supposed to be worrying about the network then had to help me fix my mistake. I was only trying to Fix it, but unfortunately it backfired.

On Sunday the protesters were back too. So I was asked to help patrol the parking lot. I asked the guy who asked me who I call if I get arrested, and he stopped and had to think twice. He asked me why, and so I told him 'when I get caught throwing rocks at them'. So then he told me that I wasn't allowed to throw rocks at them, only deter them from coming closer to us. I ran into Mike and Nathan who were also patroling, and then Lucky for us one girl came up to us who had a load of cupcakes, so we sweet-talked her into giving us one. They were super terriffic.

Lunch was sponsored by Headlines. Their Cheeseburgers are are pretty great, and a good replacement for the good times at Marvin's.

I was forced to listen to Christmas music of all things during lunch today! It was kind of annoying cause I'm trying to look forward to Thanksgiving still.

Now I have the Hick-up's. its annoying too. But not as much as premature Christmas music.

1 comment:

Silvs said...

i agree. there def. should have been more vampire fighting throughout the whole movie. apparently the next one has werewolves (i'm only on chapter 2 of the second book). so that should lend for some exciting fight scenes.

but this thing will never come close to the rocky horror picture show. there are no singing sweet transvestites from translyvania, no meatloaf, and no fun time warp dances. how could twilight even think it could reach the awesome cult-status that is TRHPS?!