Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Eve

I was one of only 5 people at work today. The others are trying to pack as much holiday fun into 1 weekend as possible, so they took off early. By that I'm not saying that I'm not ready for holiday fun, its just that I have to pace myself for all the fun that's about to take place. Thats all.

I was in such a rush to get to work today that I forgot to eat breakfast , so around 10am, I was suffering so I made an executive decision and made a dash for Stan's Donuts . An Apple fritter and a chocolate covered donut were my treats today. But 1/2 way through the fritter I started thinking that such a heavy donut on an empty stomach was NOT a good idea. And sure enough 10 minutes later it hit me and slowed my workability substantially. After all it had been almost a month since I'd been there. Stan has p4riced himself out of my 'favorite' spot, and to show that, I have chosen to eat at many other unhealthy breakfast food items. needless to say. There was no lunch sponsor today. That's probably a good thing due to the tremendous eating festival that is about to take place.

I left work a little early too. It seemed like the thing to do. One of the bosses called in and congratulated us on being there on T-day eve, thanked us for our efforts and told us to leave by 3 or so. So JJ and I left around 12:30 in his honor.

I was going home to Utah for Thanksgiving and had an evening flight. I was kind of bored at home so I went to the Airport early, and you'll never guess who I ran into. It was that Cheryl girl! She was also randomly on her way to Utah too. I invited her over for food tomorrow. I wonder if she'll come. Maybe she can meet my parents too... but I'm not sure if she's ready for that yet.

No comments: