Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Daily Update

Have I ever told you what a pain it is to sell/buy a car? The first time I went to a dealer even, where its supposed to be easy, the dumb salesman held my drivers license and credit card hostage and wouldn't give them back until i would promise to make a deal, or to come over to his house late at night, or something like that. I was naive then. Luckily I resisted his annoying behaviors. Now that I openly hate car dealers I'm much more satisfied with life. Most of all, I recognize that I'm very willing to be a jerk to any salesman because of it, which give ME the advantage.
But in dealing with the bank and the dmv, and insurance people, they sure don't make it easy for you to buy a car. And if you do, they have about 12 hoops to jump through before they'll even think of looking at your paper work.
The people at the DMV know they can't get fired, because its government work. So I think they make it a contest to see how little they can do. Kind of like union work. At any time at the dmv, you can have up to 300 people in line, but the workers sure don't mind taking their time. talking with their neighbor or on the phone. Then there's break time every 20 minutes for 10 minutes. How do I get that job?! If they were at all paid upon performance, every one of them would be fired!
Honestly, I think most insurance sales men have worked at the circus at one point, and they get a kick out of 'normal' people jumping through/in/around hoops of all sizes. This comparison comes mostly from experience too. When I signed my car up for insurance the guy I delt with really looked like a gorilla, with his greasy eye length hair parted exactly down the center of his head. Not only did he Look like a gorilla, he acted like one too. He would walk hunched over, sometimes dragging his knuckles on the ground. He would make random grunt noises. I could also see that he was holding back all the growls from all the people that walked by him. Oh, and he was apparently the biggest 'Raiders' fan in LA, traveling to as many games of theirs as possible. Not only that but he kept wanting to take his shirt off and throw it over his shoulder. What a weirdo.

Lunch was sponsored by the Corner Bakery

I'm listening to JJ walk out the door right now.

No comments: