Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Continual weekend updatage pt. 1/ pt. 2

So on Friday I was starting to feel crappy. I was getting sick, and my throat was dry and scratchy. By the time I got home from work I wanted to treat myself to something delightful. So Cheryl and I went to Carl's Jr! oh ya.

It all started when I got home from work, I told her I wanted to go to Radio Shack and asked if she wanted to come with. Instead of answering the question she has a ... talent/habit of answering my question with another question. "Why do you want to go there?" she asked. I didn't understand her response because it had nothing to do with question I had just asked and because it didn't get me any closer to going to Radio shack, or even to know if she wanted to come with me. If our little conversation was an essay and my question was the topical sentence, I would have to give that essay a D-. (Sorry Cheryl, I can't play favorites when grading essays.)

I asked again, "So, do you want to go?" I really tried to get an answer from her, or even a hint of a positive or negative feedback so I could then make her mind up for her. Sometime thats the best way.

"Whats there?" she responded, all while still knitting, sitting, watching, and reading. At least we were back on topic... a little bit. But still, I didn't want to go into the business model or ethical treatment of Radio Shack employees, I just wanted a stinking answer!

"It doesn't matter whats there, what matters is that I want to go there." I politely explained, "And I was cordially asking if you wanted to come with." I said as a follow up explanation, which I originally didn't think was needed, because I 1st: posed the question TO her, and 2ndly: I stated my destination in my original question.

"Do we have to leave now?" she asked as she continued to knit/sew/ crochet/ embroider/whatever it was she was doing, without even looking up. I responded, "I'd like to go before they close, Do you want to come?" I repeated the question after my response with hopes of getting an answer. I thought my intentions were stated simply by me posing the question. But somehow they weren't portrayed properly...

"I'm hungry." This statement pushed the essay from a D to an F level. I thought the next paragraph she would submit would be about the price of tea in China.

If I may, I'd like to further describe the situation: I had just walked in our apartment door. Cheryl was sitting on the couch facing the tv, She was knitting something, and reading. All at once. She takes the term 'Multi-tasking' to the next level.

So I then hear an unexpected response, starting a new paragraph, "fine." But at that point in the essay it didn't focus in on any of the other paragraphs that we had just laid down. She had just accepted something, but I wasn't sure what.

I hesitantly questioned her response, " Fine you'll come or Fine I should go by myself?" The response I got was not unexpected, but still frustrating, "I'm still hungry." I rolled my eyes as much as I could to show my even further confusion with this illogical response.

As much as I wanted to stay on topic (or even just wanted a yes or no answer from her) I decided to play her confusing & illogical game. So I answered her weird question with another weird statement, "Maybe there can be food involved."

I knew my voice sounded off because of my pending cold, but I was utterly baffled by what happened next. (What did she think I said?) She actually got up and put her shoes on and was ready to go.

My confusion demanded sensibility so I verified, "You're coming with?"

"Lets Go already!" was the response I got back in a frustrated manner. Now, after being confused by her jumbled essay, now I'm the delay?! I rolled my eyes again, but my answer just came through the customs gate, and it brought a translator with, The answer was YES, and after all that.

They didn't have what I wanted at Radio shack, which added to my inner turmoil, and compounded my stomach pains, amplified by Cheryl's moans, "I'm hungry", said over a five second period.

I finally suggested Carls Jr. and so we went. I decided I wanted to go to the one which I thought might be closer to our place, and perhaps it might be cleaner than the one more east of us...

.....
Part 2 (not for the faint hearted!)
THEN, we finally find Carls' jr. Luckily Cheryl can see obscure store signs from a distance cause I was to busy watching the road and other drivers. We weren't driving around that much, cause I basically knew where it was. We get in and get in line. Well, what we thought was the line cause two seconds after us two other kids come in a different door and pile in a newly formed line at a different angle at the same cash register that we were waiting at.... OK, I guess. Now if this was a caffeteria the lunch room rules clearly state that 'if you can mozzy your way into the front, then you are in front!' But this was no lunch room, and I Cheryl was getting pretty pissed. She stood behind me saying things like 'They shouldn't be there, you should fight them, You should stare at them until they feel threatened and leave, We should do something about those line cutters." All the while more and more weird looking people kept piling into both lines. I took a dramatic step forward stating our/my intentions but left it at that. I allowed the two skater kids to go ahead of us because I knew that they were going nowhere in life and I would allow them this one good deed. Only one kid took me up on this offer. Probably cause Cheryl was behind me making mean faces at them.

And all this while we had to dodge this huge spill of katsup. It looked as if someone had smashed a 24 oz. cup of Katsup on the floor, right where the line was supposed to be, thus further confusing the people in line, or in the huddle that was supposed to be the line. Honestly, and they had NObody there to clean the crappy mess up apparently.

We finally order, sit and wait. (I found us good 'private-ish' seats and wait for Cheryl to fill up her water glass. Then she goes to sit somewhere else on the other side of the eating area. I was confused cause I kind of thought that she'd want to sit by me. After a few seconds I got her attention and asked if she wanted to join me. She finally did.

We got our food, and were enjoying it when I notice some bum looking lady walk by us. I was disgusted so I had to stop eating. Immediatly after noticing her I look at Cheryl and noticed her face go from eating a deliscous burger, to something disgustingly sour and repulsive as her eyes made contact with this wierd filthy lady. I could see what she was thinking by her facial expressions. The short lenth of this old wrinkly lady's mini dress BARLEY covered her goods. She waddled by us towards the bathroom. I again glansed back towards her to review her disgusting ness. She stopped right before the bathrooms and then grabbed a huge handfull of napkins. I get so annoyed at this because that sort of theivery drives my honest prices up. But then this weirdo then takes this handfull of napkins and proceeds to 'wipe' herself! Apparently she couldn't quite make it into the bathroom, which was just around the corner! I had to immediatly look away, but Cheryl's eyes were about to pop out of her head. It must have been one of those disgusting things where you just have to look twice, cause she was. Cheryl then tried to whisper to me a 'play-by-play' on what the freaky lady was doing, but I had to Sush her two or three times. For some reason she wanted me to hear how disgusting this freak show was, BUT I DIDN'T WANT TO. Somehow Cheryl couldn't comprehend that. But she was there for the rest of the time that we were as well. I tried to finish my food but couldn't. So we just left. On the way home Cheryl kept wanting to talk about it, and I kept having to shut her up. I only responded that "That was the life of a hooker, not like the movies. "

The whole Carl's seemed to be filled with wierdo's and people with werid deformities n sutch. Needless to say, I won't be back there... EVER.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Anthropologists will study this passage in future years, for sure! Excellent glimpse into married life. (Although, it's not unlike trying to decide what to do with Josh.)

Wendy said...

FYI: Women NEVER want to go to Radio Shack. Ever.