Thursday, July 2, 2009

July 4th Edition

Hello America, and Happy Birthday.
I'm definitely in the mood for Birthday Cake. Mmmmmm. I can taste the thick, greasy red and blue food coloring now, sliding down my throat. It tickles, and then plop, it lands in the pit of my stomach, and I go for another bite.

Fireworks are exciting too. They explode and frighten little children and animals. I think they were invented by the Chinese. Thanks Chinese, I like your food too (But you really must reconsider chop-sticks.) I remember seeing the greatest fireworks display ever was in Salt Lake at the closing ceremonies for the Olympics in 2002. The entire valley lit up, at at least 12 different sites! It was spectacular. Unfortunately NBC cut to commercial right before it started. ha ha, suckers!

Ah, and then there's barbecues. An American great. While in Germany, we 'grilled' with a friend of ours, on a small table top, double-decker, electric barbecue grill. It just wasn't the same. Give me some of that good ol American flame broiled grease! And of course I'll be washing that 'juicy' burger down with a Root Beer Float. Ahhhh, I'm in heaven.

Well, see ya around.

No comments: