Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Another fabulous Weekend

So I went to Disneyland last weekend, and you'll never guess who I ran into while I was there waiting in line! It was that Cheryl girl, who lives in my neighborhood. Apparently she saw the same internet ad that I did, and we both had the Summer Pass. So we ended up going on most of the same rides at the same time.

The only problem with the day was that it was super duper HOT. By mid-day, we were really feeling the heat, and thus started searching for all the shady rides, and short line rides.
I had made reservations at one of the restaurants there, so around noon we had lunch at the Carnation Cafe. It was pretty good. I had a Ham & Cheese Croissant Sandwich, and washed it down with two ice cold glasses of Sprite.

We ended up going on quite a few rides. Not as many 'Big' ones, like last time, but this time we were just trying to get as many in as possible, to make sure we got it all in. After all, they were still fun, right. As of now, I think we've been all the rides worth going on. (Check that to-do item off the list!)

My camera was all charged up, and I had a mostly empty memory card, waiting to be filled. And a backup card which I had to switch to half way through the day. I didn't want any incidents like last time, where my camera ran out of batteries. Cheryl had her camera too, so she could snap at her free will as well. She's not as liberal at picture taking as me, but I will say that I've rubbed off on her cause as soon as we were served our lunch, instead of picking up our silverware, we both take our cameras out, and start snapping pictures! It lead to a beautiful lunch, AND one that we will deliciously remember.

One cool store there, nestled just behind Cindy's castle is a Heraldry shop. Yes, weird I know. But it was really pretty cool. We went there last time too. You can do some of your genealogy even at D-land. They sold swords and suits of armor, but they also sold embroidered family crests. They are cool, and I'm going to have to invest in such an item soon. That and more ice cream.

At the end of the day Cheryl had gone from a lovely pale to a lovely shade of strawberry red. I was pointing out the obvious and mentioning to her that her skin was more pink than ever, then she announced that she opted NOT to put sun screen on! I immediately thought of when we were getting ready to leave the house that morning, and in passing I almost asked if she had put any on, but didn't cause i thought it would be silly, cause I was SURE that she wouldn't be silly enough to not put Sun Screen on!

Disneyland is great for people watching. There are so many freaky people there. For a while I though it was tattoo day, cause it seemed like everyone had weird tattoos all over their bodies. Another weird thing is about Hats. D-land sell so many weird specialty hats. They are so weird that D-land is practically the only place you can wear them! Therefore my common sense tells me its NOT worth while to buy one of their silly hats! Shirts, ... ok, fine. Everybody wears 'cute' shirts showing the world 'where they've gone'. One group of hillbillies we saw were all wearing shirts hats, purses, etc, that all read 'Mazatlan'. Hey, great, I'm sure you loved it there, but do you have to get an entire outfit that says you were there? I don't really know what kind of place Mazatlan is, but by looking at them, I don't think I ever want to go there. They all might look like the group of weirdo's that we saw.

In the evening instead of lining up to watch the fireworks we went to see their Fantasmic show. It was OK. A bit weird, kind of like the movie Fantasia on which its based. But it was just one of the things to check off our list. The next time we go( in a few weeks) our check list will take us to the Cal-adventure place.

One thing I didn't do, that I usually have while there is buy some of their spectacular fudge, and eat ice cream. Because its so rich, I still had some of the three pieces that I bought last time (two weeks ago), and I was so thoroughly disappointed about the ice cream quality that I felt fine with not indulging.

As a matter of fact, just the night before, on Friday, We called Jeff and went out for Pizza with him. He had just heard about this 'great' place in Beverly Hills from a coworker, and we wanted to try it out. It was very close to a Cold Stone Creamery, so I had to stop then. The ice cream there was of course spectacular. I got a Chocolate Jello ice cream with peanut butter and chocolate syrup blended in, all in a waffle bucket. It was spectacular. The ice cream was almost like a frozen chocolate mousse. I could only eat half of it that night cause it was undoubtedly very high in calories. I delightfully finished it on Sunday evening.

Also on Sunday evening Cheryl and I went for a walk. (NO, nothing happened, we just walked in case you're inferring anyting!) We went to Jeff's and talked him into making cookies. They were great. Then we joked about Harry Potter, then watched funny video clips on the internet. It was great.

Lunch was sponsored by Homemade pasta.

Im listening to my bosses joke and laugh upstairs. Sound carries pretty well from up there.

No comments: