Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rick's Big Guy-Parth Update

So last Thursday we decided to celebrate Rick's Man-Party. It was as close as we were going to get to a 'Bachelor's Party'. He didn't want any thing big after all. On the same night the girls were having Silvia's Girl-Party. The guys went to Acapulco grill in Westwood. There was some sort of buffet that night. You can tell from that that Jeff had the final word on where to go. It was ok. They would only bring the items two at a time to us, which was dumb. Couldn't they see we MAN stomachs? And the waitress, oh boy! No experience there either. She was so slow, and I'm sure she didn't speak our language well cause she messed up our orders multiple times. Then when she tried to explain to me that she wrote down 'beef tamale' for my order, as she showed me a piece of paper with scribbles on it, I had to explain to her that 'beef tamale' tastes like crap, and I wanted what I ordered originally. The words 'Chicken enchilada' must sound like 'beef tamale' in her language somehow. So the next time I ordered anything I made sure to speak louder than normal, and a lot slower so she could hear it correctly. Then I repeated myself the same way just to be a jerk. But at least she got the order correct. Another weird thing about this restaurant was that from the dining room where we sat, on the closest wall was the guy's bathroom. It wasn't down a hallway, or around a corner out of the way, it was right off of a dining room area. Even funnier yet, there was a payphone in that bathroom. So when I got up to use the restroom, when I came out I made sure to announce to my group " Hey, can you guys smell that?" (even though I was just washing my hands.) We all thought it was funny, except for the table sitting two feet from the bathroom door, on the same wall. They didn't like it, so apparently they asked to be moved to the other side of the restaurant. It was guy night, so I didn't care if they moved away from us.

When they brought us the bill, it was pretty funny cause they had itemized everything that we had ordered, even though it was a buffet. We took joy in seeing how much we had consumed. The receipt paper was about three feet long.

Then we went over to Greenfield to crash the desert end of the girl-party. They had already done all their 'girl-talk' and other typical girlie things. So then got deserts after the buffet.

Then the annoying neighbor came over at three minutes after 10pm and started yelling at us for being to 'loud' (according to him), and he was really rude about it. If I wasn't so hopped up on cake and taquitos, I would have given him a bit of my mind. I should have cause it really bothered me the rest of the night that I didn't. Its not like the police are going to come for noise, as Jeff's so wonderfully pointed out last summer living next to partyiers. And yes, Jessica made a boy cake, and a girl cake. Jeff told her not to cause they make him turn red when he looks at them, but she still did. Cause thats what she always does! It was fun.

No comments: