Monday, July 6, 2009

My July 4th Weekend




Hello world, let me start off by telling you all that this here is my 200th entry on Jim's daily Update! Congratulations for making it this far. (and it makes 540 total, for all blogs, since the beginning of blogging.

But, back to my weekend. So we got Friday off so we could 'Get-ready' to celebrate the 4th of July, My sister came into town late Thursday night (keeping me up until 1 stinking 30 in the morning. A month ago it was just her , then last week it was + 1 friend, then the day before she asked if someone else could stay at my place. I told her that I wasn't running a hotel, but if they truly were her friends, they could stay. So on Friday we all went with them to Disneyland! It truly was the happiest place on earth. As they drove there, they even picked up someone else they knew. I almost peed my pants 3 times within the first 30 minutes of being there. The second we were in we made a mad dash for Space Mountain. I was to excited to waste time by stopping at the bathroom. After waiting in line for at least 20 minutes, they said the ride was stopping for some unknown reason. I took the chance then to go potty. As I ran back up the entrance they were then telling people that the ride was closed. I scooted right by the guy at the entrance because I was much bigger than him, and he could see in my eyes that his rules didn't apply to me. I ran straight for the doors into the 'space station' and recognized a guy from the line that was going in at that moment. All of a sudden some Poindexter jumps out from behind his midget counter and decides to tell me to stop. I told him I thought my group was inside already, but just like an annoying little poodle he kept yapping at me saying something about how he's in charge, and rules, and blah blah blah. I then see the others still in line, so I just leave the dork yapping at the wall with all his nerd vocabulary. I went to the group and asked the girls to hide me because I realized then that I thought he was trying to ask me out. It was scary for a moment, but we got through just fine. While in line we (I) had planned out our next three ride choices. We then zoomed off to the Matterhorn Bobsled ride.

As we approached I saw that the line was really long, and it curled around the 'mountain' to the left. I had never seen it do that before either. So we get to the line and there's a sign that says 40 minute wait. We were still determined to have as much Matterhorn fun as we could so we went to the right to find the end of the line. We then saw a sign that said 30 minute wait. Many people commented on this, but I knew there had to be more logic to it than meets the eye. So I silently leave the group and continue around the mountain to the right, and soon see the end of another line, maybe 20 minutes away from the start of the ride! I hustle back to the group and just tell them to follow me. After a brief moment of wandering around in a tight circle like hamsters, they followed and we had the advantage! We were brilliant.

After that we head over to the infamous 'Its a small world'. Its been newly 'refurbished' supposedly, so we decided to check it out. Other than new boats to ride in, they didn't change that much at all. In two or three spots they put in Disney Characters, like Nemo and Woody from Toy Story, but not much else. With these new boats however, I did see a 'Wheelchair' boat. A boat with the last two rows flattened to accommodate a wheelchair platform, with huge handrails. So if you have to go on this ride, and don't want to leave the comfort of your 'old person stroller' they just drop like a draw-bridge like plank, roll your old bones on down, and you ride high in the boat, thus making it very top heavy. I personally couldn't understand why the old lady was even there if she couldn't stand, or even push herself, cause you know she wasn't pushing her frail body around. Not in America my friend. We leave that to the Europeans.

I think we then rushed over to the New Orleans part of town. We had an reservation for The Blue Bayou Restaurant at 3pm. Its the restaurant that you see when you start your adventure on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. Yes, I didn't mis-speak, Its IN the ride! And our lunch was terrific! It was so expensive that I'm sure it was prepared by Micky Mouse himself! It was good food, but at 30 bucks a pop, I think I could have found better use of my lunch time dollar frankly. As soon as we were seated they served us fresh rolls. Mmmm Mmmm good. I was convinced that I needed a deep-fried Monte Cristo sandwich for lunch, and it didn't disappoint. It was a ham and cheese sandwich that was battered with Goodness, and then deep fried. And when you eat its goodnes, you dip it in a blackberry jam. It also came with asperagus and potatoes, but really, why bother when you're eating a deep fried sandwich. They did serve salads or soup as a pre-meal, they were ok, but a waste of stomach space for my deep-fried goodness.

After lunch we were Haunted in the nearby haunted house. The disappointing part was that the ride broke down 4-5 times while we were in those silly go-carts. The announcer got on the radio and said that the ride was jinxed by 'pranxter ghosts' but that didn't fool me. All that means was that a little old lady fell on the moving walkway. Little old ladies like that ride because it reminds them of what it was like back in their hayday. But for the kids of today, that means 'scary'.

After that we waited for a while on Indiana Jones ride. It was its usual boring self. Then Cheryl and I went on the Jungle cruse. The kids didn't want to. They were to afraid, so we seperated.
its all a blur after that. I remember that I needed Ice cream, and Cheryl wanted to watch the dumb parade. Then she luckily realized how dumb it really was, and I was very disappointed in my ice cream. At the Ice cream shop I was helped by the most unhappy person at Disneyland. I think she may have been chained to her station. She was grumpy, and bitter at the world.

Then we went on to wander through Sleeping Beauty's Castle. There were a bunch of annoying stinky foreigners there that we had to cope with. I wanted to choke them all, just to show them a lesson, but I didn't cause I know it would have given Disneyland a bad name to foreigners, so I didn't.



After that we eventually met up with the others after just chillin for a bit.

We went on Thunder Mountain Railroad. Behind Matterhorn I think its my second favorite.

We also went on The Storybookland Boat ride. It was nice. After the ride I pointed out that I didn't think our gay korean boat guide would do well, but he actually did. Cheryl didn't think he was gay, but I explained to her that she was rediculous cause my gay-dar was going crazy the whole time. But he did good, like I said so I'm not being mean or anything.

Then we just roamed around Main Street buying more food and treats.

We watched fireworks then left. It was nice.

My sister was sunburnt the whole time and her blister ridden shoulders were oozing the whole day. What a foolish child.

I can't wait to go back! We'll have an even funner time.

No comments: