Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Return of Harry Potter

I'll tell you what I hate. I really hate it when people cut in line, in front of me. I get to an event, say, an hour ahead of time, and it really chaps my hide when idiots just show up 20 minutes before the start time and assume they can stand in line with their friends. There is an especially deep crevice of hell reserved for them. Also super annoying is the Jr. High gang of teenage-girl Wannabes. I'm sure their parents don't know how slutty they dress. Or how much distress to the law-abiding public they cause. They are ultra annoying and they're convincing me to never see a 'popular' movie on opening night ever again.

Anyway, We went to see Harry Potter 6 last night. It was pretty awesome. We met up with Brit&Steve to share in the enjoyment. Starting off the night was a spectacular dinner by Fuddruckers. My mouth was in heaven for at least 25 minutes. Ohhhh, the delightful butter toasted bun, doused in mayonnaise. The thick 1/3 lb. juicy/greasy burger cooked to my specification. Topped with somewhat fresh ingredients, all chosen by me from the Topping trough. Then slathered in Fuddruckers special Ketchup, which is a spicy mixture of tomato ketchup and glorious barbecue sauce. I literally wolfed that baby down like you wouldn't believe. Mmmmmmmmmm Mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmm. Can you hear me enjoying it? Oh Ya.

So, we were at a good spot in line. When we sat down there were maybe 25-30 people in front of us. By entry time there were more like 35-45. Idiots. Those are probably the same people who steal from friends, or injure small helpless animals for fun.

It was a good show. I really liked it.
But the few things I didn't like were: Not very much 'magic' in it; mostly 'story'. The director changed a few things, just to change them. I would highly recommend NOT reading the book anytime close to seeing this movie if you haven't already. It will distract you immensely. I last read it around Christmas time, and the alteration from the REAL story bothered me. I was upset not to see key characters in the movie, that should have been (from the book too). I will also highly recommend NOT seeing this movie on opening night when every dumb little teeny-bopper is out and ready to scream at ANY movement on screen! Those are the type of people who might end up murdered in the bathroom if they keep up their annoyance levels in public. Be prepared for High School love scenes, ie kissing. Every little girl will ohhh and ahhh at that crap.
But other than that it was great, and you should go see it!

Even better yet, At midnight it raked in some 21 million. All of Opening day, July 15th, it had a 58 million domestic take. That's nearly DOUBLE last week's #1, Bruno. Then you have the worldwide numbers, 104 mill. And all in one day.

PS, and no I didn't dress up for it.

1 comment:

Julia said...

You had the costume already and you didn't dress up? Who's gonna put the teenagers to shame?