Saturday, June 27, 2009

Stephanie & Chris' Wedding

This weekend Cheryl and I went to Utah. It was her nieces wedding. We actually went there on Wednesday.
We hung out with my family. We had a Barbeque on Wednesday night.

On Thursday we went up to Kaysville to help prepare stuff. There was lots to do, and it was all listed on one of a dozen lists. After each item was completed everyone would cheer. I mostly supervised. There was lots of food to prepare. I mostly supervised, but did help when my expert opinion was needed.

Later in the evening we all went to dinner at the JSMB in downtown Salt Lake. It was OK food. They must have had a 'Fruit' Theme cause everything they served revolved around fruit of some kind, Strawberries and Raspberries in particular. Raspberry Lemonade, Strawberry jam of some sort over the chicken and rice, and of course the same berry-riffic jam on the ice creamed desert as well. I think that dinner is traditionally called the 'Wedding Rehearsal Dinner', but the groom's dad turned it into a testimony meeting as fast as he could. Including the ever so popular catch phrase 'in the name of J.C.- Amen', after every thing he said. Then he told everyone to feel free to come up to the mic and share message', then he lifted his arm and checked his watch, and told everyone to wrap it up at 5min-t0-9. It was done in the EXACT manner that you'll see in EVERY single 'Fast n Testimony' meeting. And because it was a Thursday, it was a little Over The Top, and frankly weird. Most of his family lost track of what they were supposed to talk about and just started making fun of the parents. The brother started off by sharing what he said would be embarrassing to the groom, but turned out to be a complaint about the parents. I don't think anyone there cared about how often he or this brother were or weren't 'grounded' as children.
Luckily Some of the bride's parents, sisters, cousins, and aunts got up to bring the conversation back down to earth (rather than la-la land). They all had something nice and meaningful to share, and it was relevant to why we were there.
Oh, and lets not forget the 'program' that they had. Some of the siblings of each the bride & groom decided to sing. It was lovely and all, but out of place for being a 'dinner' in my opinion.

[edited for public consumption]

The next day we all drove down to the middle of Nowhere, in American Fork. The wedding was nice. The kids seemed really out of it, but I remember feeling the same way not to long ago myself. Afterwords we waited for a while for the photographer to show up. (I mean really! he was delaying the whole thing.) I got a bunch of really good pictures of the whole scene.

See what I saw here...

You'll have to hear more about it later...

I'm listening to Wolfmother right now.

Lunch was sponsored by a Burger King value meal.

No comments: