So, going back to last Friday, Cheryl and I ran into each other randomly on the street. We decided to celebrate the fact that it was FRIDAY. So we went to some snazzy Mexican place in Marina del Rey. While there, either Jeff or Jessica called and asked if we were interested in hanging out with the ol' gang. "Of course we are" I responded. My telephoner told me that they were going to see the movie 'UP'. We agreed to meet them there. We saw it at one of the 12 theaters located within a 1/2 mile of Westwood Village.
While at the movie, Jeff and I got talking, and we decided it was in everyone's best interest to go to the best Barbecue place in the world, namely Chris n Pitts the next day, Saturday. We meet up over at Greenfield, collect everyone interested, and then go. It was soooooo gooooooood! as usual. The ribs were extra meaty. The baked beans were extra saucy, and the soup was extra chunky. Our waitress was also a seasoned professional. She was used to large groups I think, cause as soon as I was half done with my first pitcher (their drinks are served in at least 1 liter cups) of sprite, she already had brought me another! Woah! That's a lot of soda. I drank it all down happily. I also wolfed down many deliscious ribs. It felt so good to be a carnivore that night. The glorious tastes that reached my tongue... It was also fun because there were eight or nine of us there.
After our meat eating adventure we drove a few blocks to the south and saw the first McDonalds store ever. The girls took pictures of everything. Some of the other locals in the parking lot asked if we from out of town, and where we were from. I simply informed them that we all lived in LA, and didn't get out much, while pointing at the girls. Us guys get out plenty I mumbled under my breath. Then home to let all the food settle.
The only bad thing with gorging yourself on Saturday night is the possibility that its Fast Sunday the next day, and un-lucky for us, that was the case. Just as many crazies got up to speak. The usual entertainment. I ended up working on my Story most of the time. I also came up with another project idea. Sure I'm coping Cheryl on this one, but its still a cool idea. Its a Church-Bag. Except a cool one that guys would be proud to be seen with. That's what I want to do! So I'll just put it on the list and work the details out later.
The week has been long and boring. I went running on the Serengeti track on Wednesday. I was pooped, and struggled to make it the full way around. Towards the end I honestly tried hitch-hiking, but then changed my mind cause its weird to only ask someone to take you down the block and around the corner. And I was all hot and sweaty.
Also, now that I think about it, Last week I forgot to tell you. But I randomly went running on a Monday evening, and guess who I ran into! Thats right! That Cheryl girl I guess decided to use Brentwood to run around at. Thats so funny. After running she needed a ride home so I offered to drive her. But on the way, I made a detour. That day at work, I had researched Marylin Monroe, as a follow up from a conversation that Jeff and I had the week before (I think he's infatuated with her.) So I found out where she lived, cause Jeff suggested it was close. So we also walked by her house. We couldn't really see it because of the walls and trees n such, but it was still eerie.
In case you're interested: he inside her place, and tall front gate. The rest of the pics I could find are weird, plain, or gruesome. I guess the only reason its interesting is because there's so many conspiracy theories with it. I personally believe the one that says that The Rob F-Kennedy stood over her while she was killed for aborting Jon F-Kennedy's illegitimate child, which was concieved by the way right after she sang 'Happy Birthday Mr. President' (that whole family is guilty of something bad! The next After-running-investigation will bring us to O.J.'s old neighborhood. Oooooooh, scary. I won't be getting out of my car there.
I had a busy day at work. I get home and Cheryl is running around the apartment frantically trying to finish her final project for the extra-caricular school class she's taking. Its a fashion class, and her project is to make a dress for herself. Her class usually starts at 6, but their teacher gave them a 45 min. stay this day I guess. Apparently procrastination has caught up with her and her 'need for perfection' the matter by a lot. (One thing i've learned with all my deadlines, is that there's always a point of acceptability that one must reach. It will never be perfect. Why do you think my projects take so long? Because I have a higher standard for my things being acceptably finished.) Anyway... After I was done giggling at the scene (because it looked all to similar to me finishing my projects in school) I asked if I could help. She quickly handed me a list of things to do. I helped her and then drove her to class in Santa Monica. I usually don't drive her to school because I'm at work, but she needed to finish sewing her dress in the car. I'm sure my rough driving didn't help. She finally got to class 30 minutes late. I'm sure other students were later than her though.
Meanwhile I went to JoAnn's to gather ideas for my even nexter project. I can't tell you what it is because its to early to say. You'll hear about it in a few months, maybe.
After I picked Cheryl up from school, we ate dinner at Tommy Burger. It was so good.
Today's lunch will be sponsored by Chipotle.
I'm going to listen to German radio stations after lunch too.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment