Cheryl and I decided to go to Pasadena. It was kind of funny cause the night before I ran into her and we were just chatting and I mention that I was thinking of going up there and she got all excited and told me that she had been wanting to go up there for a while too, so I invited her along.
We went to The Gamble House, and The Huntington Library. We also lunched at Subway, and then quickly stopped by a toy train shop that was right up there.
The Gamble house was cool. I had been there a few times before. I actually almost lived there for a year,(but the head docent lady liked two of my ((female)) classmates better instead.) It was cool. A little history lesson of sorts. We were pressed for time however. so after that we rushed right over to the Huntington Library.
There we saw many cool things. Of course there were many really cool gardens to see there too. Its more like a complex. They have many different types of gardens. I liked the Japanese gardens in particular, although they had a newer Chinese gardens that I really liked too. Then lilly ponds, and bamboo forests, along with desert gardens full of ugly looking cacti.
Then we went inside. They also have a really nice air conditioning system. It worked well and really cooled us off. They had cool paintings, and antique stuff. As well as huge special books collections. I took a picture of the vault door. It was gnarly.
We were pooped by then and just went home to get ready just to go out later, to Danny's B-day bash.
We all went to C&O's. Oh, that I-tallian goodness. As we were waiting in line Josh couldn't resist the urge to go walk by all the sirens and flashy lights. Some bum was drunk And high, and then ran into oncoming traffic, or something. When they finally seated us, they sent us to the back of the patio. It was nice and all, but that must be where the beginning waiters go, cause our guy had to be reminded fairly often, by ME, about what we wanted or needed. Just imagine, if Jeff were there, he also would have had a fit. But he wasn't, so it was up to me! For a table of 10, you'd think they would be prepared with the bread balls, but they were all amateurs. Couldn't they see at least 4 growing boys who were starved, who were also stuffing their faces with these tiny morsels? If the plate is empty, fill it up! (you see, this i-talian place serves small balls of buttery garlic bread while you wait.) They are good, but they never truly keep the serving plate full. They need people like Jeff, or myself to keep reminding them that we expect this small service.
I didn't think about it at the time but by the second half of the meal I was mad at the waiter for not asking me if I wanted the gargantuan size, which I was meaning to order, but he didn't remind me, or ask me about what size of portion I wanted. What a jerk. Now I'll only have left-overs for 1 extra meal, not 3.
Monday, August 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment