Friday, August 28, 2009

Rediculous Retail

So during lunch I thought I could stop by Best Buy to Browse. I wanted to look at computer cables, and phone cables. I walk in, and proceed to the computer section. That section has the most nerds to help customers cause everyone seems to need computer help, and everything in that section is extremely overpriced. I was hoping to find a sales-nerd to direct me to what I wanted. I see a group of three of them all huddling around one table. I approach. They were all giggling like school girls, even though there was only one female in the group. And right before I get within speaking distance, they all disperse as if a boy they all liked just walked into the room. I'm pretty sure they didn't notice me cause they were off in their own little stupid world.

So I find my computer cables on my own. I look. I find what I wanted to, but it isn't exactly what I wanted. I was hoping that network cables had wires that came in groups of 3's, rather than 4's. So I continue browsing for phone cables.I couldn't find them so I find a nerd and ask. I think it was one of the little ferret lookin kids I tried to approach before, but I ask where the phone cords were.
"uh... well... uh... I uh.... let me check in back." is what he said as his eyes darted around frantically. Meaning: 'I'm going to go wander around the back of the store and not help you some more.' As he scurried off to unknown locations I was only then wondering WHY he had to go check for ANYTHING in back. All I asked was "Where the phone cords were!" It wasn't like I was the police asking if he had ever done drugs, cause the answer was obvious (its a 'yes', and way to much for being so young). So I start wandering and browsing further on my own. It wasn't to much later before... Dat-ta-de-Da! Look what I found, the phone cords. Many shelf hangers were empty, but one was full of 100' phone cords. I look at them as much as I needed to, then turn away to leave. You'll never guess who I ran into! No, not that Cheryl girl, it was Tweedle-Dee. He came back to tell me that they were completely out of phone cords. I looked confused at him, cause I just spend two minutes of my life looking at them! So I turn to him and ask, "You mean THOSE, right there." as I pointed. (notice I purposely didn't put a question mark on that last sentence.) He then responds, " Uh... well.. I thought you meant... [blah blah blah]." I smartly interrupted and asked why he should assume anything. I laughed at him, then asked him as I pointed at the shelf, "Is that a phone cord?" Before he could make himself look any dumber by saying anything, I continued, "You assumed wrong. I wanted to see if you phone cords, not to see if you could trapse around the back of the store and NOT help people. Is that what you do all day?"
He was determined to get a word in, so he hurried and spoke up, "But you said a phone_..."
But annoyed at her worthless persistence, I calmly interrupted again,"What a Phone-Cord...?" and again, without looking I pointed to the Phone Cord packaging, where it stated 'Phone Cord'.
I guess I've gotten more used to having to explain myself over and over again to people I encounter, and usually I wouldn't do this, but I explained myself again to the little Pip-squeak, "When I asked for phone-cords, I actually meant it. I didn't mean for you to go check on the drug party in the back room." Then I turned to leave, and nicely said, "But thanks anyway." I found what I needed."
He tried to say something else but I just snapped back, in a nice way of course, "Look, its right there on the shelf, that's all I wanted. I just wanted to see that right there. That's why I tried asking for help, but that didn't work, so I took care of it MY-self... Thanks." Then turned and left. Any more discussion was futile with such an immature mind.

And unfortunately phone cords also come with 4 interior strands, and I wanted three.

No comments: