So this last weekend we went down to San Diego for Rick and Silvia's Wedding. It was actually a very busy day over all. I woke up around 7am, and took our 'new' car in to the shop. The Check Engine light was on. (Cheryl had been working, therefore driving every day... hence the car needed more help than usual:) I only wanted to get an oil change, but they said it needed a bunch of other things as well to make it more efficient. So I caved in. 5-hundie later they said it was fixed. Ouch!
Meanwhile I was in my other car going to the lumber store, and the train store to fill in the time while the silver car was being fixed.
Then at 1:20 we go over to Jeff's to pick him and Danny up. Jeff is on Jeff's schedule so we finally left his place around 1:40.
The drive started out fine, for the first hour or so, but then when we got to the point where the 405 meets the 5 freeways, It was horrible. Complete stand-still, stop and go, 20 mph max for the next 2.5 hours. Traffic was one thing, but the non-stop discussions of the two lawyers in the backseats and their non stop 'deliberating' helped drive me nuts, that and the traffic jam was just a bit much. Luckily they had calmed down enough, but there was still 'traffic theory' lectures and every possible angle of that. It was a little much for me I must say. I had planned on a 3 hour journey, with 30 minutes to spare on the other end. But it turned into a 4 hour + trip, which got us there in La Jolla (Pronounced 'La Hoya' in case you don't habla espanol) (next to San Diego) just after 5:30-:40pm. But luckily nearly everybody was late with us as well, so the whole thing was delayed.
The ring ceremony was very nice. It took place at a quaint little hotel close to the ocean. The day was gorgeous, clear, sunny, and warm. The spot where they stood was overlooking the blue ocean. A plethora of Palm Trees were sprinkled throughout the backyard. Curious onlookers peered through the balcony railings, and through their hotel room windows. The building was L-Shaped, and Rick & Silvia's ceremony was the focal point of it all. That and the people at the pool I guess. They had a family friend officiate. I think thats who it was, but they said really nice things, had a friend play the paino, and then sing, then it was done.
After that we moved up a level to a varanda overlooking where we just were. That varanda led inside to where they were serving drinks (7-up & diet Coke, along with 3 different flavors of water that the girls seemed to enjoy.) Orderves were also quickly ushered out, and short lived cause they were falling behind and were struggling to push it all along. They pushed us all into the medium-small sized banquet room and we all found our seats.
After another 'picture taking break' they started serving food, just as the DJ started telling people to get up and dance... Thats right, As the waiters were serving food, he was yelling into the microphone pretty loudly, and annoyingly that everyone should get up and dance if we knew the bride or groom. Honestly, the DJ was very mediocre to bad, and whatever he was paid, it was to much. He had a bad play list too. I really wanted to spill some water all over his equipment. But Cheryl didn't let me.
As soon as we sat down they brought out rolls. They were ok, but they were difficult to cut into. They were no Lion-House rolls. Multi-grain sour dough rolls. I needed an entire ball of butter for my roll to help it go down. The first thing they brought out was some sort of squash soup, and it was really good! I mean real good! It may have been the best food of the night. Between courses I went over to Jeff's table to make sure that he had licked his bowl clean, and sure enough, he had. Our table was sure that he would. He does that sort of thing you know (... almost every time.)
They also served green salads which were way to vinegary and peppery. I tried one of the typical cherry tomatoes and it was good (cause I couldn't taste it)
Then came the entree. I got chicken. It wasn't as good as the JSMB prepaired Chicken, like at my brothers wedding luncheon, but it was eatable.
Then after a long break, they cut the cake and served it. One layer was Vanilla and the other was Red Velvet. They were ok, a little dry, but I was able to force down a second piece.
After that, and all the while, the DJ finally got people to dance. So thats what everybody did for the next few hours. Even withouth danceing I was already tired.
After we left I eventually had to stop to find some place to get myself a sprite, and some water to keep me awake. As long as I'm sucking on a straw/ nibbling on food I'll be awake and fine. Cheryl didn't know this so as soon as I set my Sprite down I found her lips
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You found her lips? I think I'm missing something???
My Sprite found her lips,... or in other words, "She started chugging down my Sprite like there was NO tomorrow!" (That sentence was written in Passive Voice.)
Post a Comment