So a few days ago, in the evening, our house phone rings. That means its a solicitor, or a bill collector, or church people, or any number of random people that Cheryl gives that number out to (who she doesn't want to talk to). I personally think its ridiculous to have a phone line that you NEVER use, but hey, what do I know. At least there's an answering machine attached to it... I guess. (just in case one person 'accidentally' gets filtered who shouldn't.)
So the phone rang, and I answer it. Its some guy calling for me, from the Stake Pres. "Oh great, what have I done now?
"What's he want to meet with me for?" I ask.
"I'm not at liberty to say" responded the crazy old guy.
"Oh, really... Why not?" I ask back.
"That's between you and Pres. B." creep dude says.
At this point I think he was sick of my questions, and I was just coming up with more and more and my mind rapidly came up with possibilities.
"He'd like to meet with you tomorrow." he continued.
"I guess so, but this would be much easier if you just told me the business now. I don't like surprised." I explained.
"Sorry, but I can't" he responded.
"OK, fine... bye." and I hung up. I had to explain to Cheryl how annoyed I was at that guy's tone of voice. He should have just told me! Then I wouldn't be frustrated with anticipation for nearly 24 hours.
So the next day came. Luckily Cheryl reminded me about it, lest I forget. I stopped by the church building on the way home from work to make it easy on myself. I was right on time too. He took me into his office and explained that they wanted me to be the chief executive Secretary in the young-men's presidency for the stake.
Hmmm... I verified that he/ they trusted me with children/ young-people. I explained that I fully believe and agree with corporal punishment. He chuckled and said, "Well, I can't say anything about 'how' you get your job done..."
I interrupted and told him that I wouldn't leave any marks.
He asked about my experience in scouting, and I laughed. I explained that I had been kicked out while younger. Those idiots stopped giving me my metals, awards, and badges when I rightfully earned them! Jerks! I don't even remember what ward it was. It was in Holliday, UT I believe. He didn't seem to care about that.
I asked if I was being fired from my other calling in the primary, and he hunched over towards me and stared me in the eye, and said "feel free to continue in that calling..." then he leaned back in his chair and rolled his eyes toward the ceiling and quickly said, " but you'll formally be released from it though." Then I started explaining that no 1 person could deal with the 'hell' that those 3-4 year olds bring!
So there you have it... My new assignment. I'm still rolling my eyes and shaking my head at it.
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! awesome!
Post a Comment