Friday, March 28, 2008

Daily Update

Yes, I was so thrilled to leave work, I even left early. And before leaving early, I emailed people and played in Photoshop. It was great. As I made it home I was delighted to meet 2 of the 4 people that were spending the weekend at our place. A bunch of Mikes friends are in town for the weekend. A peculiar bunch I tell you.

I went running last night. I thought that it would help renew my inner energy by running and jumping and frolicking about the Australian Outback, But I was wrong. I ran and danced, and pranced like the great Wallaby. Also, just like the Wallaby, I would run fast for short distances, but then take a rest, save energy, then when i was ready I would run another short distance again. I believe it got the job done physically and mentally for me. I felt like the running action in my legs jarred some of the metaphorical cob-webs loose off my joints. I have felt cramped like an animal in a cage all week, now this was the time to fix that. I was lucky not to run into any of the rogue ninja who sometimes train there at the field where I train. I think, due to the nature of their business, they meet after the sun goes down, rather than at a specific time. Next time I see one, I'll break his neck, just to show them who's boss, and for the key incident last week.

When I got home I found it a choice opportunity to work on my Man-Box. No one was there for the moment, and with my new electric carving tools the process is going very quickly. I've found joy in carving the beautiful designs into the wood surface and anticipating the final product. I have moved my prospective finish date from 1 month to 2 full weeks. But that's just tentatively speaking of course.

This morning at work Collins kept asked me how to do stuff in Photoshop. Then I'd tell him. Then 10 seconds later he'd exclaim 'Hey everyone come over here and see what I just did.' Then I'd feel obligated to look, just to make sure he did the process correctly, and cause he would say that while looking directly at me. He would be very ecstatic to make things look a certain way, and I suggested certain changes, but he was set on making it 'his' way. And sure enough, he had done just as I had told him to. Now this happened for most of the morning, and a few hours in, I just put headphones in my ears, and tried to ignore him, and I wouldn't look when he tried to show off what I had told him to do. Later in the day I had helped Farzin print something too. Also even later in the day, Collins showed Patrick my Photoshop tricks too. So there were at least three people singing praises to me for the last part of the afternoon. It was nice.

I'm listening to Bad Religion right now.

Lunch was sponsored by Chipotle

No comments: