So Friday was dreadfully normal as expected. Its just what I thought it would be. Unfortunate. I made the most of it by avoiding Rey's criticizing talks. I think with me he's just trying to find someone to complain to. And I don't want to hear it anymore. To much complaining is a BAD thing. The project I'm working on should have been done 'yesterday', like most projects, and I know this, but not only have I been getting to work early, I've also been staying late, and I would have stayed later in the last few days, but I don't have a key, and the 'key masters' have been going home early. So there's nothing i can do about it, and I'm fine with that too.
Ah, the weekend. Not until this moment did I understand why people enjoy the weekend so much. It is a chance to leave your work sorrow's behind, and have 'self-time'. Its great. I started the weekend off right by going right over to hang out with the guys at Veteran. Josh, Jeff, and I were reunited for a J-Crew gathering once again. It has been a long while since the last time. To celebrate, we took our feast to Wendy's. All the while discussing all the important ideas, philosophy's, and happenings of the day. We talked about lots of stuff, but I can't tell you what, cause its classified as Top Secret. Just as we were about to leave, I swear I saw something I shouldn't have. I really didn't mean to, and I DIDN'T look twice to confirm, but I thought I saw a guy 'whacking it' in the back of the restaurant! There's a lot of bums that wind up there, that they don't kick out for some reason, but after my mind told me that was going on, I was ready to leave. I only told the others after the fact, otherwise they would have made a big deal of it, and then I would have to explain three times to Jeff exactly what I meant. Then we went back to Veteran to finish our Manly-night by watching Manly movies like 'The Punisher'. It was great.
Oh Saturday I got pretty bored pretty quick, and it was Hot out. Early in the day I went to a bunch of stores. I didn't find what I want so I went to a few more, then a few more, finally by evening I found what I needed to buy, but then I just had to find where. So I had to keep looking. I was in slow-motion the whole day, and it felt kind of good. The guys invited me over to watch some basketball match, and I told them I'd be right over. 3 hours later, I finally made it over there for the last 5 minutes of the game. 'oops'.
Then on Sunday, in the early morning hours I had promised to pick someone up form the airport at 7:30am. (What was I thinking?) So my phone rang at 7:05am and they had arrived early, so I had to spring to my feet and then to the streets. I don't think I fully woke up until after I returned to my bed, where which I slept another 3 joyous hours.
In the evening I went back to the track from Thurs. After searching for a good 3 minutes I actually found my missing Key! It was laying alone, bent and deformed in the gutter. Not only was it fiercely stolen from me, the thief brutally tortured it by bending and scratching it, and making it all dirty. But it wouldn't talk, it wouldn't give away the location to my secret lair. Their efforts were in vain. My key withstood their torture, and was left for dead. The carabiner was missing, so we must mourn its loss, but I will nurse it back to health and get a new carabiner. I think it will have a full recovery.
Also on Sunday morning I took a shower. I was washing my hair with bits of Rainforest and Dolphin; you know, that fancy shampoo stuff that I found many moons ago. So I was just sitting there in the shower, when I was almost falling asleep. But then I awoke sharply when the shampoo leaked into my eyes and burned them with the anger of every fallen tree that it took to make my 12 oz. bottle of 'Rainforest Juice'. It burned I tell you, and it was maybe an hour before the burning sensation finally went away. Now I know why people don't mind digging up all those fancy Rainforest trees; cause they've probably been burnt too.
Cleaning my room was a failure this weekend. I got very side tracked very quickly. Maybe next weekend... or something.
I'm listening to 'The Hobbit' right now.
Lunch was sponsored by In N Out.
Lunch was sponsored by In N Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment