Score one for the Jimbo! Yesterday at work, I was meeting with Rey and Don about our project. In an excited manner Rey was having me write stuff down, and then look stuff up, then 'hurry jim hurry, email this person... ' so I casually start typing this email. 'Oh NO, do it like this...' I hear from two inches behind my shoulder, Rey is now telling me HOW to write the email now. Then he insists on what color I should be using for the text in this email. 'Red JIM red, turn the text RED'. I slowly comply. He's telling me to do five things at once, and I'm taking my sweet time. I'm nobody's fool. We had to respond to an engineer's email (4 sentences), but Rey responds to emails in color, but I respond to people in an easy manner... with 'Answers' (4 short sentences). So I write the email like Rey wants, cause he wont shut up othewise, BUT I also take literally 3 seconds to write it MY way (the easy way) then I send it before he knew what was happening. Ha ha, I was funny. So less than a second after that, Rey starts telling me that I now need to start emailing this person, then that person... but I was frankly fed up with his secratarial BS. I interupted him and informed him that I wasn't about to dictate any other email to or for him, and I was busy, and had stuff to do and tried to excuse myself from the conversation (which was kind of hard cause the converesation was at MY desk). Rey tried to tell me why we needed to email this guy, but I told him it was fruitless, cause he's worthless anyway, and i turned and started working on the computer. So he left. Then I turn to Don who was still there, wondering what had just happened, and we got things resolved in a very simple manner, by questions and answers. not demands or orders. Although I feel REALLY good about that score, I didn't want to offend Rey, cause he is really nice, and works hard, and means well. I wonder if he's still going to keep trying to ask me on a date... (I'm kind of serious unfortunately).
Also, yesterday during my lunch break, and after wolfing down my Chipolte burrito, i took great joy in sketching in my book as I sat in the sun across the street from my work building. It has been so long since I've allowed myself to do that, and I found it quite exhilarating.
Today at work the computer program crashed and I lost a lot of information. I wanted to cry, or murder. The computer program we use is maybe the worst out there. I dislike using it greatly. To relate my problem to you, I'll compare it to writing a paper: The computer crashes while you are writing this paper. When you open it up again, you see that the font size, color, and spacing is all different, and its not easy to change, its not just a button click away, its a 'process' away. Did I mention that your paper is about 1000 pages long? You then remember that you save a back up file every night, but when you open it one quarter of all the words are missing. Not only that, but those words are missing from completely random locations. And Every single letter A would be on a locked layer, and you can't change it, and every time you change a new page, different letters start disappearing, and no one knows how to fix it. That is about what my dilemma is, in relation to writing a paper, in a nutshell. The computer has wasted one whole day of my time. I wish it had feelings so I could yell at it and hurt its feelings.
Lunch was sponsored by California Pizza Kitchen. (It was last night's leftovers, but still super good)
I'm listening to Danny talk really loud on the phone, and Rey talk to Don in his whisper tone, while Patrick wrinkles up paper. But my mind is clouded with frustration and anxiety.
No comments:
Post a Comment