So, I just want to tell you about my prayers being answered.
Months ago, you may remember hearing about a horrible experience that I had during my lunch time adventure. For so long I've heard about people liking this restaurant/grill called South Street Grill. They serve Philadelphia style cheese-steak sandwiches, and many people like their product. After many attempts of trying it, and not liking it, I decided to give it one last chance. I go there, months ago, and order the most basic sandwich possible, their staple, their 'bread n' butter' if you will. Its supposed to be hard to screw something that easy up, right? Well, they did. First of all they charged me around 10 dollars for one stupid sandwich, which wasn't even worth half that. After about 10 minutes of waiting for my food, I began to wonder. At fifteen minutes I went and asked if they'd forgotten about me. At 20 minutes after I ordered I noticed that EVERYBODY that had come in after me had been served food. so I go up to the counter again. The weird stinky-ugly lady was very unhelpful, and she seemed to all of a sudden forget her Engrish. I waited right there at the counter for another 5 minutes before I finally got my mediocre food. I think I remember wanting to demand my money back, but didn't for some reason. The Philadelphia cheese steak sandwich that I got was both over cooked and raw at the same time. There was barley any meat on it, for costing that much. The bread was stale. The fries were terrible, probably from the day before, and even the water tasted like it was from a garden hose. I was already in a hurry to get back to work before I even walked in that crappy food joint, so their timing didn't help my busy day out. I was so mad at myself for giving a worthless grill, that I already didn't like, a second chance. I was going out on a limb by giving them my time, but they turn around and slap me in the face with it.
I left that place with a bitter taste in my mouth, in more ways than one. I told myself that not only that would I never go back, but I would pray that that place quickly go out of business, so they would be taught a lesson. I wished they suffer the same way that I did, and be handled in the same manner that I was. Then they would understand my anger.
I received my satisfaction today, as I walk down the street to lunch, just as I was decideing where to go, I happened to walk by and I noticed that they got their Come-up-ins! I happily saw their windows borded up, and a big sign said they had to close. I laughed at them in my heart, as I knew my prayers were answered. Those jerks will no longer trick people into going there, and partaking of low-grade food. I no longer have to cross the street to walk by them. I feel that justice has been served, and I'm sure that all my other requests were also fulfilled on them. So I feel great about it.
And now its being replaced by a Falafel stand.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's a great faith building story Jim. Ha ha. Actually, it's pretty great that they got what was coming to them!
Post a Comment