So this last weekend was actually a busy one. I was leaving work on Friday and I was checking voicemail. Jeff called and needed back-up help with moving someones washer and dryer around, so I told him I'd help. Then Danny had called and said he was leaving town! I called Danny back and we chatted for a few minutes. His clerkship is up and so is his lease on his high-roller apartment in Downtown Los Angeles, so he's OUT. I suggested we do something, when he informed me that he was leaving on Tuesday ! Only four days away. So I told him we should plan something, and I figured in my head, if we don't do it now, it could possibly never be planned, so we just set something up for the next night at
C&O's. We both like that place, so
we were good with it. So on Saturday night a bunch of us met over at Greenfield, although none of them could make it, and we headed out. As we got there it was really crowded. But it was only a 30+/-min. wait. Also, Cheryl had made some Devil's Food Cupcakes, and we didn't figure on doing anything afterwords so she just brought some of them with to C&O's. As we were all hanging out on the Venice Beach sidewalks there were many people who were eyeballing Cheryl's deliscious cupcake creations. Luckily for the cupcakes I was there, and I was watching all of them who had covetous intents in their eyes. One couple who was also waiting with us started chatting with us because of the cupcakes. They were pretty cool people. At the end of the evening one of our group had left, so there was one extra cupcake so Cheryl brought it over to the couple who we were chatting with. They absolutely loved it, so that was cool.
I also had my camera with me and took a few pictures:

Here's kind of a group shot. And don't worry, Eric's cousin on the right is only deep in thought, not completely 'wasted'.

Here's mine and Cheryl's meals. Yes, that's right, I got the 'Gargantuan size' which is probably large enough for a single African village. I think its my favorite thing there. Its Shrimp, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes, with spaghetti noodles. Mmmm Mmmm Good!

Oh, and here's our meals after we were done eating. Looks like I'll be having pasta lunches for the rest of the week!

Ohh la la, Here are the cupcakes that Cheryl brought. And its no rumor, thats right, I helped decorate them!

Here's my and Cheryl's meals to go, along with my

Here is Cheryl in the process of enjoying her cupcake.
So there he goes. Danny is off to solve all the Bankruptcy problems in New York, ... or wherever he goes. Take care Danny. We'll miss you, and we'll never forget your birthday song, and the girls won't forget your endless supply of Diet Coke.
No comments:
Post a Comment