The long weekend was spectacular. I got plenty of time off, that I needed and deserved. I ate lots of junk food and treats. I was walking over to the 'new' 7-11 on Saturday and guess who I ran into, Do you remember that Cheryl girl? She was also on her way over there to fill up on a delightful Big Gulp! It was pretty warm, but not super hot. I invited Cheryl to go shopping with me, but she declined, and I didn't even mention Radio Shack. I might have mentioned Home depot though. But who doesn't like that place ?!
I was playing with my train set last night.. You know I have been building the super coolest train set right? Well, I am. Its super fantastic! Its 4'x7' and its going to be tall when I'm done with it in a few years, but now its only one level. So I've set it up to be movable, and collapsible for storage and such. I'm almost done with that process too. I'm still working on the wiring and connections and stuff like that. But anyway... last night I had just completed the wiring for the 'turn-outs' so I was playing with it. I can (could) now control my little train as it went around the track, have it turn in and out of different 'turn-outs' n such. Well, that was up until last night. I really don't know what happened, but a switch button must have gotten stuck cause I was switching the turnouts from the left track to the right, when all of a sudden I notice sparks coming out of the black plastic switch box from right before my eyes! At the same time the rounded plastic covering started melting back to reveal the inner workings of the small electrical coil revealing even more sparks, and a small electrical flames. I mildly freaked out frantically wondering what to do. I threw the master power switch, but it was to late. The damage was done. Two mildly expensive pieces of my track were Fried! I started swearing loud enough for me to feel better, but quiet enough for Cheryl's Dad not to hear, who was on the phone at the time. I was pissed the rest of the night. I felt violated from this silly little device. It was two pieces cause I had two tracks wired onto one switch. Darn that switch! Their toasted now.

So on Labor day we were invited over to some peoples house for a 'get-to-gether'. We went. Everyone brought their own food. I wanted pasta, but Cheryl got all 'huffy-puffy' at the store (as my sister would say). I got sausage/bratwurst for me, and only then I realize that Cheryl was expecting that we both bring the same item. I had to let her down cause I didn't want complicated food like hamburgers. And there was no way I was going to force myself to eat crappy or even boring food, like steak. So I suggested to Cheryl that she try eating this Steak stuff that she's always raving about. So she eventually got one for herself. (I still don't know how people can eat that crap... 'Hey I have an idea, lets eat a thick slab of meat, its practically tasteless itself, so lets also add plenty of seasonings, and sauces. Wow, I love meat tasting like lots of spices and sauces.') (italics indicate sarcasm here.)
1 comment:
You've got some real meat issues! Can I interest you in some venison or bear? Recent acquisitions to our freezer.
Post a Comment