Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Daily Update

I was riding my bike to work today when I saw something that made me think. You know the street sweepers who close down one side of the street twice a week, in virtually Every neighborhood in LA? Well, if not, they do. And its annoying. I would now like to question the necessity of a Street Sweeper. Are they really necessary? They do brush away most of the tree leaves that fall into the gutter, but is that all they do? As I was riding my bike to work this morning I saw a street sweeper do exactly what it wasn't supposed to do. It ran through a gigantic puddle of mud, maybe more like a trench really, and it was right next to a construction zone. And of course it swept the dirty water and huge streaks of mud all the way up the street! It was more than sweeping, it was more like smearing. All the way up the street.

Street sweeping is dumb anyway cause all they do is push all the leaves and trash down into the gutter, and then down into the storm drain system. Then when it rains at all, all the streets flood. Any garbage that does get thru the drain system just gets dumped out into the Ocean. Thats my experience anyway.

I had taco bell for lunch today.

No comments: