I've been running lately. I know you don't believe me, but its true. I took to a new adventure as well, I think its called 'The Silk Road' by the locals. I went uphill and down, around corners, thru forests and deserts. (co-worker talking really loud right now. Its disturbing me.) It was pretty good. I didn't sense any ninja attacks either, only aim-lessly wandering weirdo zombies.
Also, last night I went up to the Outback-track. There were the usual suspects there. We have been bringing a guest runner up there with us lately. We'll call him DJ. He comes and he runs sometimes, but all the time he feels the need to talk... About everything! First of all, he is a drama queen. Secondly, he always needs to talk about himself, and finally he never shuts-up. That having been said, yesterday he decided to have girl-trouble, then of course, tell us all about it. Then he'd ask us our opinions on what to do. Essentially he's in a long-distance relationship, and she doesn't come visit as much as HE would like her to. Kristen had the best advice with "Stop being such a baby." I told him to (which was the best advice per his situation) leave the choice to visit with her, but let his feelings be known. Then by the time we had all stopped running he decided to take another route, which was the ultimatum path, which I'm sure every girl, or even guy, loves. Good job DJ. It sounds like he's trying to ruin his relationship.
So you think you can Dance, the hit TV show is back on! I'm sure you already have started watching it as well. Its pretty fun. Last night they had some of the worst dancers 'compete' against each other. The editors did a brilliant job of queuing it as if it was a Muhammed Ali vs. Joe Frasier fight. They had a narrator do a play-by-play and it was hilarious. There've been a lot of weirdo's and freaks who think they can dance, but the judges give them a nice harsh reality check, and send them away crying. And I laugh.
I've been listening to the book Les Misérables, by Victor Hugo at work lately. Its a little different than the musical, but not by a whole lot. I am however reading/listening to the Abridged version of the book (600 pages), cause I really don't think the 1500 page version has that much more to offer. Some guy in my mission read it and recommended it to us. He would reflect on what the character did and said every week when we met. So I thought I'd try it out ( more than 10 years after the fact.) So I'm doing it. Its kind of depressing, and I can't listen for to long at once other wise i find myself having weird depressing thoughts, and I feel all anxious n' crap like that. I'm just over half way through now, and I might finish before the fall I think.
I was inspired by one of Sara's posts. I've seen this somewhere else but I can't remember where. It was thought provoking/entertaining so I thought I'd share it with you all. (Bethany, don't watch it cause they say the word hell in it, and I know that word offends you (for some reason).)
Lunch was sponsored by Jose Bernstein.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I saw this movie at BYU for the required American Heritage Class and they didn't cut out the H E double toothpicks word either :-)
Post a Comment