Source of pic, as of Mon. May 18th, 2009In case you don't live in the LA area, you missed a pretty good earthquake. Or should I say series of earthquakes! There was the big one at 8:39pm, then a bunch of little ones following.
Eight to be exact, listed as follows:
4.7 (originally reported as a 5.0) at 20:39:36
2.5 at 20:44:00
3.1 at 20:45:10
1.8 at 22:23:20
2.4 at 1:20:23
2.5 at 2:19:21
1.8 at 3:22:24
1.8 at 3:30:41
Granted that you can't really feel, or notice, anything below a 3, and 3-4 feels like a large truck driving by. I think my brother Joe farts at a 2.0 level, when sitting next to him. Sorry, its crude, but its science, and true.
In fact, there's been at least 2 more small earthquakes since I started this post, according to the link above. Funny how that works.
(interesting chart about it 'here')
Eight to be exact, listed as follows:
4.7 (originally reported as a 5.0) at 20:39:36
2.5 at 20:44:00
3.1 at 20:45:10
1.8 at 22:23:20
2.4 at 1:20:23
2.5 at 2:19:21
1.8 at 3:22:24
1.8 at 3:30:41
Granted that you can't really feel, or notice, anything below a 3, and 3-4 feels like a large truck driving by. I think my brother Joe farts at a 2.0 level, when sitting next to him. Sorry, its crude, but its science, and true.
In fact, there's been at least 2 more small earthquakes since I started this post, according to the link above. Funny how that works.
(interesting chart about it 'here')
No comments:
Post a Comment