Yesterday was absolutely crazy (annoyingly crazy) for many reasons.
First of all, it has been annoying the last few mornings cause I wake up to car horns honking repetitively. But by the time I go outside and want to strangle someone, there's no one in site. Its continuous honking, as if someone were on the corner with a political sign, or flipping everyone off, angering everyone.
I've been riding my bike to work, and the more I do it, the tireder I get!
Then I'm at work. My desk is closest to the front door so I'm the one who most likely will deal with weirdos who come in. First: Three weird guys come in, and march straight to the back of the office, then upstairs. Then they just start looking around like nomads. Then everyone in the office starts quietly asking each other, "Who's that?" No body knew. Then Patrick says 'They're probably the guys shooting the music video on the roof." None of us knew about that, but he talks to the parking guy who thus talks to everyone who walks around in the area. They were just wandering and pointing at stuff, then talking with each other. Whatever.
Then I hear the front door open and then little feet pitter-pattering around. I hear them walk over to the other side of our office, and I don't like it when people just 'wander' around, so I get up to go investigate. I thought it was a kid, so I was going to greet maybe a parent, but NOPE. I wouldn't be so lucky. There were two weird lookin ladies yapping it up out front, but I had to run into Junior. I just said "Hi, can I help you?" and this 10 year old kid said he's looking for a job. Then he holds out this blue folder with scraps of paper in it, as if its important. Holding my straight face, I respond " Really?" He was just being gitty, so I then ask "Aren't there Child Labor Laws that prohibit that?" And he's just like "Probably," still holding his 'crap-eatin-grin' (as my dad would say.) Still stunned, I verify, "you're looking for a job?" "Yup" he says. I really wanted to throw him out the door for interrupting me, but instead I ask if he had a resume that I could pass on to the bosses. (Thats what I tell everyone. Its an easy Blow-Off) So he's like "Whats a resue-ma-ray?" So I explained what it was. Personal history, interests, schooling, Experience, etc. So he just looks confused. Then he opens his folder to show me his 'work', then announced that he wants to build a $10 Billion house. NOW, he's talking my language. So I start chatting with him about houses, and prices n- such. He wasn't listening cause he wanted to describe his $10,000,000,000 house. Oh yes, I heard the terms 'Alien landing zone' in there too. Along with 'Space port', jet-ski, super-big boat, and other names like that. I turn my head not to directly laugh at him, in his face, but off to the side. And thats when I see my bosses business cards, neatly in a stack, hidden in the front desk. So I give every verbal and visual que possible denoting that the conversation was over, and then I tell him "It was nice talking with you, here let me just give you this." And handed him the generic office business card. I then suggest even more that he leave by raising my eye-brows and pointing at the door with my nose. He responded, "Oh, OK bye." then left. I think his whole goal was to just waste my time. He hads the business card to someone standing there, one of the yapping Yentas. I wanted to go and ask what the hell she was doing letting her little brat come in and waste my time, but I figured she might be a potential client sometime, so I didn't.
A few hours later we get another 'unwelcome' guest. He came in right after two of our employees did, so at first I thought he was with them, but oh NO, I wouldn't be so lucky. He was just standing up front looking at some of our work samples on the wall. I just go up and say "Hi." He then starts ranting about how much he loves our stuff (as if he's been a fan for years) and he was being descriptive, and why he loved it, and how we're making the world a better place, and so on. Oh ya, and he reaked of alcohol! I think he had a can/glass/bag in his hand. I was to afraid to take my eyes off his out of fear of him doing something 'rash'. I felt better to see where he's looking, therefore thinking. He then makes a big deal about shaking my hand before he left, then he just left. Mid sentence almost. But I was happy to see him leave. An hour or so later I was sitting at our front table, meeting with my boss, and guess how struts by, and then sees me, then bangs on the glass. Yup, my man Drunky!
So I then get home at 6:30-7:00ish and our apartment manager guy was there in our bathroom. No, not like that, he was re-sealing the bathtub seams. I guess they were repremanded after last week's inspection, but he was there until 8:30 at least. We were in the midst of watching the American Idol Finale. It was just weird having him come in and out so often, that late.
I did however meet Jeff over at Jack in the Box for dinner. For a while I was curious to see if I'd run into that Cheryl girl over there, but Jeff then remended me that she had some sewing class. But then, in the midst of talking, my train of thought was interrupted by some super-weirdo. An old guy, white hair, mohawk-mullet, freaky look, came over to the trash can behind Jeff, and started cracking and peeling a hard boiled egg. ... Has it sunk in yet? We were at Jack in the Box. and he had a hard boiled Egg! AND was cracking and eating it. I pointed it out to Jeff, and he didn't even seem surprised. He said it was the usual Parking lot guy. He NEVER leaves the parking lot of Jack in the Box apparently. When we left, we saw his car, which indeed didn't look like it had been moved in quite a long time. How can the management of Jack's stand for that crap?! We both vowed never to allow that crap if we were ever Jack's managers, then I went home.
Lunch was sponsored by some salesmen's lunch presentation.
I'm listening to The Devine Comedy right now.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment