Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memeorial Day

It came and went really quickly. It was only enough to remind me how much I miss three day weekends, and days off. But no matter. I'm safely back at work. Early Monday morning I quickly realized how marvelous of decisions that I made last week. On Friday I treated myself to Donuts for breakfast, along with Chocolate milk! Now, I didn't want to be frivolous and spend 2 dollars on a half pint! That only offers you a slight taste of Goodness, and only leaves you wanting more. (Kind of like alcohol I imagine...) So instead of wasting money on a 1/2 pint, I spent the exact same amount of money, and bought a half gallon! How clever is that?! So now I have plenty. Cheryl always criticizes me for even thinking about bringing that sort of thing home, so I just leave it at work now! Ha ha, she'll never know.

Yesterday, on the real Mem-day, A few of us kids met up at Cafe 50's for our official Memorial Day BBQ. Their burgers are still prett good, and their fries still taste like cardboard. It was a lovely meeting. We gossiped about everyone who wasn't there. After that I went home and took a nap. It felt SO good, but I then couldn't fall asleep until 2am. In the morning I was woken up around 11am by a bunch of WW1 propeller planes.

Most of the weekend I spent working on my Book. Yes, thats right, I'm finally announcing that I am an author. Well, I'm not sure exactly at what point one becomes an 'author', but I've written my outline, and I have all the major battle scenes planned out in my head, and even have started writing the important beginning conversations. Those are the most important things afterall. I've found lists and lists of names that I plan to use, and I've modeled most of them after people I know (he he). Thats pretty fun to do. There will be humans and elves, dwarves and trolls, and of course Dragons. Its spectacular! I'll let you all know when its on sale at Amazon.com!

On Saturday I spent way to much time at Borders bookstore. I had a coupon that I was determined to use. I looked thru fantasy, and art, and drawing, and craft books, then I realized it was 1 minute after my parking valadation allowed for, so I then had to buy something before I left. So I started looking thru comic book stuff, and I then spent the next hour deciding on what I wanted to buy! At first I just wanted something cheap, but then the more I looked, the more I wanted the coolest thing possible! So I bought something, and I've started it already! (Thats one of my next projects after all, I'm going to write/draw a comic book. Its going to be so cool!)

Oh, what else...

No comments: