Friday, October 31, 2008

My Weeks of Absensce - Halloween Edition

So Last I wrote, I was wisped away to Hawaii. Yes, its true. So my parents apparently had won some radio contest, and they were to busy to use the free tickets they won, so they gave them to me! How nice of them. And instead of just mailing them to me, they wanted to hand deliver them to me for some odd reason. They had won free Greyhound bus tickets to Beautiful Downtown San Diego of all places. I've been once or twice and it was ok, so why not go back, right? So with my parents in town, they wanted to drive everywhere. I was fine with it cause I was super tired from working so much in the last few weeks so I would find time to sleep in the back seat when i could. One night when driving down the street, coincidentally in front of the LA temple, I guess my parents ran into someone who they had met before who had a sign in her hands. [So going back to my adolescent years, when anyone would ask me why I wasn't married, I'd always respond, that I had indeed driven by the temple that week, and 'she' wasn't out front waiting with a sign that said "Jim here I am".] So they were sure that the sign said exactly what I had been waiting for, "Jim, here I am". So they picked her up and decided to send her on this weekend get-a-way with me. [Thats only an accusation on my part, I've been unable to verify the actual content of the sign as I havevn't spoken to myparents for a bit due to me accusing them of kidnapping me!]

I don't know if my parents drugged me and/or that Cheryl girl or what, but I don't remember many of the details either. Cause I woke up in a place that I thought looked like Hawaii! I asked the people at the front desk, after I found it, how I came to be there and who was paying for it all, and they said that I had been dropped off in an unmarked van, and it was paid for by the internet, and they didn't say anything else. Next I checked the local news paper just to verify the day, and place that I was, and sure enough, I was in Hawaii.

I went back to the room that I was given and I ran into Cheryl, and only then remembered that she had come with. Luckily they had given us two seperate beds in the room, other wise that would have been weird for me to have to tell Cheryl that it was her turn to sleep on the floor, cause I remembered first walking into the room I saw some huge weird crusty slug looking thing creeping across the floor, and I was afraid of it. I did kill it, but didn't want to have any other run-ins. And Cheryl is ok with weird bugs and such, so she wouldn't have minded anyway... right?

So we hung out for a few days until the Airline could find us a seat on the next outgoing plane. Meanwhile we went crusing around this island prison that we had been sent to, and flew in a helicopter, ate lots of food at luau's and other fancy places, ate nuts, pineapple, chocolates and donuts, and at Panda Express! We even made time to go snorkeling a few times. We made the most of the time there.

No comments: