Saturday, October 4, 2008

Jim's Man Party

So on Friday night I wandered home after a slow and nerve racking day at the office. Late in the afternoon Collins was told that next week (this week) he would be 'outsorced' to another firm, located just down the street. In itself thats not horrible, but it didn't make me feel very good when Pat-trick marched arround the office telling everyone that we probably won't have a job on Monday, and we should all start updating our resumes, if you know what I mean. I think every office has at least one pesimist, turns out my office has three.

When i got to Veteran Jeff reminded me that I wasn't allowed to leave again, and that I wasn't allowed to invite girls over that night. It was becasuse we were having a Man-Party in my honor. (He had briefly suggested that we would be having a guys night out a few weeks back.) It was nice of Jeff to throw it for me. He was indeed inspired to arrange us to go to the best barbeque place on earth, yes, thats right, the one and only Chris N Pitts. Oh Wow, he must be serious about throwing a party with choosing such an exquisit and spectacular location! So my mind was a 'little' distracted with the day's events, so when reminding the guys on how to get there, I mis-spoke a little cause I told them to take the wrong freeway. I didn't realize this until about 10 seconds after we passed the correct freeway. I thought about it quickly, and then I spoke up, then called Jeff to inform him of my critical error. They were about 1 mile ahead of us, and when I suggested a correction to this they didn't want to hear it cause I was already wrong that night, and they didn't feel they could trust my directions so they just went their own way. Luckily Danny, who was driving our car, was more open to my knowledgable corrections, and thus we did what was needed to bring us back on course, and only after a short 10 minute detour. The others, on the other hand, decided to trust their instincts, and went their own way. Needless to say we got there a good 30-40 minutes before they did. Once they got there and vented about how bad a direction giver I was, and questioned what could have been on my mind, we sat down to the glorious Chris N Pitts feast. Funnier still, the waitress remembered me from all our other excoursions there, and remembered my apron, loud voice, and me painting my face with barbeque sauce.

After eating we went back to Veteran for the rest of the party. And thats all I think I can say about that....

Jeff also made cake, and we watched YouTube videos.

No comments: