Wow. Time flies when you're having fun I guess. There were at least two different times last week when I wanted to share something, but then didn't, then forgot about it, then something else came up, then forgot about that, then next week came, and then I was feeling guilty about forgetting all the other fun stuff and cool stories, that I need to force myself to get back onto the regular routine of posting stuff as it happens. But hey, all you other bloggers know about that so I don't even have to mention it, right?
So we hung out with Brit & Steve over New-Years, right. Well, I think I mentioned that they showed us this really cool little Curry House that's not to far away. So I just HAD to try it again, so we went back on Friday night. And again, we both tried something different and exotic, but
Cheryl's trying to get me back in the mode of watching Movies again. I think she might be suggesting 'something' by doing this(i.e. that I take her to the movies more). She has a Netflix account and keeps pushing me into watching stuff. About 6 months ago I was feeling ambitious so I send her a list of 20-30 movies that I thought I could tolerate on DVD. Now as they come, I'm not exactly that anxious that they've arrived. Not as much as Cheryl is when that crap like that she likes arrives. You know the type: cheesy, romantic, corny, over dramatic, stupid, ridiculous, stuff that [most] girls would like.
And since I'm on the subject, I must complain again about the stuff that is shown on TV these days. Now, I'm not exactly sure why its on our TV at home; maybe Cheryl needs to watch it just so she can realize that there is so much CRAP on TV, that she will enjoy the good stuff that much more. But I don't know. I secretly thinks she likes it. Or she likes torturing me cause I absolutely hate it. Hate, Hate, Hate! There are some of the stupidest shows on TV these days. So many over dramatic shows that make me want to punch and choke people, it even draws feelings of murder deep within me. It takes all my strength to hold my feelings back
But to lighten things up, there is a show on that you all must know about! I've recently heard of it from Brit&Steve. Its called Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Its shown on the BBC(and FOX), so there may be a few words that you'd never hear on normal American TV, but there are a lot of 'beep's' to keep all your ears/minds clean. The Host, Gordon Ramsay, is the guy from Hells Kitchen. He's the super loud screamer that's loud and obnoxious (which makes it fun to watch). But in this show he goes to different restaurants-pub eateries and spends a week fixing the place up to actually work. He spends the first day sampling the food, and takes note on the place, then the following 4 days he adjusts the food, menu, management, decor, service, etc. Its quite entertaining, and I think you'd like it too!
I was sitting blankly staring at my computer screen, with my headphones in, not listening to anything. After lunch I realized this mistake, and fixed it by turning the radio on.
Lunch was sponsored by Jose Bernstein's.
Monday, January 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've seen one Kitchen Nightmares episode, or part of it. It was pretty interesting.
Post a Comment