Wednesday, January 14, 2009

dAILY uPDATE

OK, so I have to take back some of what I was saying about Cheryl's horrible TV watching habits, cause I think I've developed some of my own. Last night was the premier of The confidence boosting TV shows; American idol, and Biggest Looser. All in one night! I almost went into overload with visual stimulus. Luckily Tivo came to the rescue. A.I. had just as many freaks as joke contestants. There were some truly horrible voices shown there. One girl actually wore a bikini to her audition, which was the only reason she got it. I don't know if she realizes that, or cares, but it was funny cause the two guy judges said 'yes' before she sang. Then there was the usual group of mutants which made me feel even more handsome. So, just because I have more tv shows to watch doesn't make me feel any better about the other horrible shows that Cheryl watches; for they are truly horrible shows.
I don't want to bag as much on the fact that she watches in upwards of 9 hours of TV a day, that I don't really have a problem with (right now).

Last night I got home from work hungry and tired. It was fairly easy to talk Cheryl into going to find food with me. We went to the Fresh Corn Grill again. I know, its twice in 1 week, but it was good. I get some fancy Dried-Tomato Pasta. It tastes good, but it smells a bit 'potent'.

Yesterday morning I got a text from Laurel that Ryan was having a birthday shindig. So in the evening we went to that. It was nice, cause they had lovely treats there, and it was fun hanging out. The highlight of the evening was Ryan's Birthday Cake. It was SO GOOD! words or even pictures can't even describe to you how exquisite each bite of this cake was. We warmed it up with a birthday song, and 20 stripped candles. This circular dream was in a round 'bunt' (?) cake pan with cream cheese frosting considerately drizzled all over it. I was a carrot cake too. One of my more favorites. As I took my first bite it melted in my mouth it was so good. It was like it had just come out of the oven. The oven in Heaven that is. It was so soft and moist, it was like eating a bread-pudding Pillow. After the first piece I just had to have a second, which truly filled me up to the very top. It was truly spectacular. It was a great runner up to the Birthday Cake that Cheryl made for me a few weeks back too.

Remember all my computer woes that I may have described a day or so back? well, for some reason, they went away on their own accord. I turned my computer on last night to register for the HGTV dream house giveaway, and I curiously open the game boards that were giving me problems yesterday, and what do you know... they worked again! It just baffles me to what the problem would have been, especially after two 'System Restore's'. I'm going to try to install that computer program again, to see if that was the instagator. And if it is, I'll be mad again probably.

I'm listening to The Rolling Stones right now.

Lunch will probably be sponsored by Headlines Diner.

1 comment:

Celeste said...

The guy who tried out named JB was in a Brand New Year with me and he sang the song "Say Yes". I might actually watch that stupid show this season because I'm so excited he's on there!