Well, I don't know what it is, but my life has definitely turned exciting again. Enough with this blogging drought, right... well, we'll see. But anyway:
Background:
So as many of you know, Cheryl's parents were on a mission in Mongolia. Yes, were. Cheryl's dad had chest pains that resulted in what most people call a 'heart-attack'. [This is where the heart gets angry at its owner and sends painful messages to the brain. The brain responds by telling other body functions and limbs to stop working so it can send more power into the heart. Like on Star Trek when the shut down auxiliary power systems to devote all energy to the shields when under attack by the Klingons or Romulans. ] So because of this pain, they came home to recover, and Cheryl this last week went to go visit. SO, I took her to the airport last Wednesday. I told the guy I was working for at the time as soon as I knew I needed to leave and he was ok with is. At least thats what he told me. So I finish what I was working on and then say bye to one or two people and then race away. I was in a hurry to go home, so I was annoyed to see that my back bike tire was flat! I went to the local gas station and filled it up and then raced home to drive Cheryl to the airport. I wanted to make sure I was on time cause Cheryl always seems to find a reason to make herself late or really pushing the limits. (Sorry, but its true Cheryl, and I'll prove this fact a bit later.) So I make it home and drop her off. No big deal. [as a side note I was starving and only had a muffin for lunch so I stopped at Arby's and was delighted to try to eat their food to cure my starvation, its only that I wasn't sure that my teeth would be able to handle it.] So that is that.
Main Story:
So I get to work at the usual time (a little late) (but I don't feel that bad cause thats when everyone else seems to show up) and one of the guys asked me to step outside with him. For a second I thought he was going to apologize to me about him being dumb and rude to me days previous, but to my surprise when we get out there he starts attempting to scold me for leaving early the day before! WHAT?! You, a co-worker is scolding ME?! I really don't know his 'level' in our office, but he was the last person hired. I don't see him as a superior, but he sure felt like telling me off. I thought it was absolutely ridiculous. I informed him of me not caring about him, at all, and that I told who I needed to, and Nope, he didn't make the list. Honestly, he wouldn't shut up. I almost simply just walked away, but I figured I should just get it over with, AND I needed to share a few words with him TOO. He wouldn't stop complaining for a full 20 MINUTES! As we were working on Wednesday, we were both asked to work on the same project. He felt like it was my project and he was doing me a favor by working on the same/similar thing. I saw it as working on the project that we were all working on, and thats it. But he was personally offended. By the 7th minute of him whining to me I finally understood his point of view. He thought he was doing me a favor by gracing me with his working time. So I just apologized for him seeing it that way, and for not informing him of my departure, BECAUSE of the way he saw it. I made sure to choose my words carefully, and NO I didn't swear at him somehow. Oh, but I sure did share my mind of him being a bully in the office, he lectures people for no good reasons, he's insulting and condescending to people he works with. He responds by saying "Thats just what you think." So I reminded him that actions speak louder than words, and that goes for the whole world, and if he couldn't see that, hes really in trouble. He then goes on to yap about my work ethic, how poor it was or something, and then he didn't think I deserved a degree, and a few other personally insulting things. I couldn't get over the fact that this little preppy kid, a foot shorter than me was lecturing me. I was really giggling practically the whole time too. AND it was all done in front of the parking lot attendant. I wonder what they thought of it all. I'll have to ask them one day. But finally I got annoyed with him repeating the same thing over and over and over and over again, so I told him that if he didn't want to accept my apology then fine, but I have to get back to work. So I graciously shook his hand and I went back inside. I don't know why I shook hands with him after he was so rude to me. Its not like I like him, or that its OK what he did/said to me. I just hope I can stay calm about it and not remind him every day about how dumb he is. Cause if he wants to have a 'Bigger Jerk' contest, there's no doubt that I'd win. And it made the rest of my day really strange.
Outcome:
So after I walk in our building I go over to another co-worker and start silently laughing. It turns out he knew what was going on cause he saw us walk out, knew something was up, so he walked by us when he was ranting. We laughed about it. Then when Grace came in I told her. He's been rude to her before. Then later in the day, I couldn't just let it pass, so I went to talk with the head boss, and told him about what happened, and I did tell him I was fine with it, and over it, but I just felt I should tell him that another co-worker of mine is making me feel uncomfortable. We had a nice chat. I don't know if anything else will come of it, but its done with for now (I hope).
But knowing me I'll probably try to be 'funny' and be really rude from now on. I'm fine with it, but he's a pretty big baby and he's definitely the type of person to make a point of insulting you in front of the boss. Yes, a weasel is a good description of him. Its really to bad too.
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment