Over the weekend we went to see a movie on Friday. It was The Fantastic Mr. Fox. It was pretty good, done after a childrens book by Roald Dahl. I liked it cause there was some humor in it, and it was done with Stop Animation which i like, sometimes. Unfortunatly it only made 216-thou at the box office, which is 0.72% of what it cost them to make it! Poor Fox (Yes, a play on words.)
Addendum: Mr. Fox was a limited release. I just found out that its only showing in 4 theaters in the US right now. Typical releases have movies in 2500-3000 theaters. So thats why my numbers are off. The Wide release is on Thanksgiving. So I'll let you know the real numbers then.
Then on Saturday morning I was rudely woken up by Cheryl because we needed to attend some primary program, Saturday Practice. (As if the kids aren't sick of church on sundays as it is.) I had my morning donuts and we went. At the end they had pizzas for the kids, but were about 3-4 pizzas short of what they should have gotten. I think they need me ordering for them next time.
After that I got home and wanted to relax, so I started watching college football on TV. Well, that didn't work out because the team I wanted to route for was horrible and lost. I ended up not watching very much of it luckily.
Cheryl wanted an early dinner, so we went to Chipotle. Mmmm, was it good. We also drove around and saw all the twilight freaks that had lined up and camped out on the sidewalk like wierdos. They had camped there since Friday morning at 8am. Honestly, don't they have better things to do? The answer should be Yes, but obviously it isn't.
Sunday comes around and its the day of the Primary Program. Our wards primary is combined with another ward, so met at a different time, the other wards time, so I got to sleep in a little. Cheryl did wake me up early and made me make her pancakes. It wasn't all that bad cause they were good, I mean REAL good! Then to church. We had three hours of primary, and the Program was LAST! (what horrible planning) We're in charge of the Sunbeams, so they were very done with the whole thing by 30 minutes into it. Needless to say by the time of the program some of them had crashed hard, and didn't want to stand, speak, sing, or sit. Imagine how fun that was for us. There was one kid I was close to strangling. Honestly, I've never been closer to murder in my life. The kid was practically asking for it. The only bad part was that there were about 30 witnesses in the room. Then luckily Cheryl took the kid out and let him be bad out in the hall. After he left our room was quiet and I though peaceful. It was so nice. Then I though that they were all afraid of me. And I sighed another sigh of glee, knowing that I had just that much more control over them. Another teacher nicely 'broke the ice' by pointing out that that kid was naughty and Santa wasn't going to his house that year. Then the kids started talking again.
Later that night I had another meeting to go to as well. It was just busy work it seemed. I wasn't really needed at all, but one of the other church leaders thought so, so I showed. I got Cheryl to help me make treats for it, which was fabulous.
more to come...
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment