So last week my parents came into town. They decided to stay with us in our little one bedroom apartment. It was tight, but it worked out for the three days they were there. The one thing that I did like about their stay was that I gave them a list of where I wanted them to take us to eat every night, and they took us too!
First we had Chinese. It was good, like usual. My dad likes the place cause they're 'Zagat-rated' or something like that. Then to an Indian place, which was also good. It was a little hotter than they were accustom to I think. I thought that from the gasping for air constantly, noses turning red, and becoming teary eyed and waving their hands at their mouths with an expression as if they were 'burning up inside' on their faces. It was good though. We've been there a bunch.
And then to Chris N Pitts, the greatest Barbecue place in the world! Traffic getting there was a little difficult, but when we got there, it was fabulous. We had a short wait, but after we ordered we were the last people to order their extra fabulous Babyback Ribs. Can you say LUCKY?! We did have a weird waiter though. I don't know how to explain it, he was just weird. Kind of like Egor from Frankenstein weird. How he talked, acted, and moved n stuff. Weird.
One thing I didn't like though, is how they kept telling me what to do, and how to do it, as if I were still a child. I've been thinking and acting on my own for maybe 15 years now so they really need to give it a REST! Right Mom, Right Dad!
In particular this shows itself when I drive. My parents like to drive like they're in their 60's. And I like to drive like I'm 30 and invincible, and like I live in LA. Two great combos. My dad can't stand other people driving so he loves to freak out the second he sees a break light (no matter how far away it is). Then if I don't do what he thinks I should do he'll wave his arms as if the car were on fire and then his food frantically stamps at the floor as if there were a brake pedal there for him. Its quite funny. At least I don't purposly do those things he dosen't like like my cousin does to my grandma. Now she's crazy like that.
Other than that, I've been eating lunch at In N Out a bunch lately. I took a break for a while, but now its back into the lunch rotation. But I've noticed something quite peculeure there, and I don't think I've mentioned it publicly before. They have constant security guards there now. I guess the highschool kids are a problem, enough that they have hired a security guard there. I've seen two or three working the lunch time shift, but one in particular stands out in my mind. Just imagine this. A short, Round, thin stringy haired guy. To feel cool he wears the thick one piece sunglasses, yes indoors, that were popular in the early 90's. His pants are way to short, and too tight. He waddles when he walks, and he doesn't roam around the store/building like the other two guards do. Just last week I heard him speak for the first time, and Yup, you guessed it, he had a super squeaky voice, kind of like Mike-Tyson. Apparently some construction guys were teasing him. It was funny cause he was pissed and dared do nothing about it, except tell the three construction guys (imagine saying this with your nose plugged) "Don't give me adjectives!" Or was it "Don't give me Altitude!" It took me a while to actually understand him, then an employee came over asked them to stop and then no more problem. The older security guy, maybe my age, couldn't do anything about people harassing him so he had to ask a dinky little highschool kid to go over and ask them to leave him alone. That is simply hilarious. (poor guy) But funny as could be.
Mabye that's why I'm interested in going back so much.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment