I am absolutely sick. I want to yak up all my lunch all over my computer. I want to poke my eyes out...kind of. I feel the urge to jam pencils in my ears. I want to start punching people. I just saw that Hannah Crap-Tana is number one at the box offices! How can that be?! How can people like such smut? such crap!? How could society have made such a horrific turn for the worst?! Society is sending us to hell in a handbasket. Last years best's were Batman, Ironman, Kung-fu Panda, and Twilight, ... and now this?! It makes me sick!
I wasn't really expecting Easter to come as soon as it did. Sure I was awaiting tax season, like usual. Taxes seemed more monumental than Easter. Its not like we really get a day off. You don't really give cards... do you? It just seems like another (holi)day where kids expect parents to give them mass amounts of sugar in a variety of forms. If you are an intent follower of Jim's postings you might remember me saying that the holiday of Easter is one of the worthless ones, and I still stand by that. Chocolate sales go up, egg prices go up, and every girl thinks that they need an new 'Outfit'; as where guys bust out their one pink or lavender colored shirt that they've had for decades. Its all so ridiculous. I'm not saying that the Purpose of Easter is meaningless!, don't get me wrong there, but its frankly been turned into a sales gimmick and the Real Purpose is being lost in a field of advertisements. Let me just think about this for a second: Sure, Pastel colors for springtime, flowers, Eggs for birth/rebirth, Rabbits for... lots of babies...(?), Chocolate for... well, it kind of comes from a plant. Sugar covered peeps: now that's just a sick joke. I think the only reason they make those is so Jeff can shove 9 of them in his mouth at one time. (Yup, its true, I saw it with my own eyes. Easter grass? now that's just a nightmare.)
Anyway... Cheryl and I started off the weekend by going to Jo-Ann fabrics. She was searching for something, and I was bored. I found this really cool oven-bake clay stuff that went with one of my projects that I have on file in my sketchbook, and I also noticed it was on sale! so I immediately bought a whole bunch of it. I also ran into someone who I knew at the fabric store. Some chick from school from Utah. It was funny cause she came up to me and asked if I knew her, and I say "oh Courtney hi", and she's like "uh, no". So I'm then like "Oh, I mean Tara" and then she's like "yah". So we reminisced and then Monday at work I send her an invite to be my professional friend, and I haven't heard back. (jerk)
On Saturday Cheryl and I went to some Easter Concert at the stake center. It was nice. If you missed it, just picture Easter music being sung to all the songs of the Les Miserables sound track. No, I'm not kidding, they sounded A LOT alike. So much so that I started giggling at every chorus. They didn't do 'Master of the House' though. I was hoping they would, but they didn't seem to work that tune it. It was actually some 'composer's' rendition of Easter songs. I use the word composer lightly, instead I should say 'music borrower'. Aren't most of the hymns in our hymnbook 'borrowed music' and someone of our faith just 'retooled' the lyrics to say what we want? Ya, I think so.
At church we got lucky cause two of the kids were gone. That made it much easier to manage. We taught an easter lesson to our little Devil-Rays. When I say we, I really mean to say Cheryl. She also made little booklets for them to take home. I was the smart one who suggested she use her delicate hole punch on all the sheets at once rather than one at a time. Oops, my mistake, apparently 'Provo handycraft' or whatever its called dosen't make quality hole punches cause the hole punch snapped like a toothpick! Uh.... sorry bout that. But the kids weren't to out of control. I think their parents with-held the bulk of their sugar supply until they send them to school, the babysitter, or to their friends house. Lucky for us.
On Sunday Cheryl made dinner. It was lovely. I was prepared to make my world's favorite Spaghetti, but Cheryl thought a 'proper' Sunday dinner would be better. I didn't know what she was talking about, but whatever. Then I somehow talked her into 'helping' me make a cake. And since 'I don't know how' to she just did the whole thing. It was a lemon cake, cause Lemon is an Easter fruit just like Chocolate and rabbits who lay eggs are. It was quite lovely and I can't wait to get home and put more in my mouth!
I stayed up way to late playing with my clay. Its so fun though!
Lunch was sponsored by 'Hungry Man's chicken burrito'.
I'm listening to Eiffel 65 right now.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jim - you are great! I don't know about you but our Primary was psycho on Easter Sunday. I am pretty sure all of those kids had a ton of easter candy that morning. Even the super good and normally quiet kids were wild.
Post a Comment