Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Conference Weekend

Last week was this Iranian New Year. One of the guys in the office made sure that we all knew, reminding us every 5 minutes (Iranian guy of course). This area that we live in is heavily populated with them/their culture. There are many rug stores on Westwood blvd. As I drive home I notice a large billboard paying tribute to their King. Its kind of funny that they do that. Its also funny that people still mourn for Lady Di too though.

I went running again. My legs are still soar from it. We were on our way to the Track, when my driver took me to the other track. Confusing huh. Let me put it this way, instead of going to the wild and free Serengeti plains, we went to the simple Australian Outback. There were lots of people frolicking about the fields. The ninja group wasn't there. I haven't seen them in a while. I'm pretty sure that we scared them off.

Oh, last weekend was also General Conference too. It was OK. They air the sessions at the weirdest times! I had to wake up early to hear the first one on Sat. Ya, Saturday! (bah humbug more like). Then by making me get up early, that messes up my whole eating schedule, so then I have to snack during the whole two hours, then that pushes my lunch to the end of the 2 hour break, which I decided to go shopping during, and traffic then makes me be late to the second session, and then it should be time to snack, but I don't cause I had a late lunch, and so on! Annoying isn't it! Then on Saturday the guys have to go to their guy meeting, which is even more annoying cause all the girls just take the time to secretly go shopping during, I'm sure of it! Surprise, their secret is out! But that dosen't mean the guy meeting will stop cause the wives of the GA's are still gonna make them go, so they can go shopping. For example when I got home after it, there was stuff EVERYWHERE in our apt. So much stuff that Cheryl couldn't hide it anymore. But after the conf. some of the guys went out to eat. Jeff, his friend, and myself went to Tommy burger, and a few other kids went to C&O's. Jeff's friend talked about weird dating stories (that he probably shouldn't have) (stories that made me think less of him for being weird that is), (But don't tell him that though).

Sunday we had a wonderful brunch over at Greenfield! It was the most beautiful Breakfast Buffet. They had French toast, hash browns, cheesy potatoes, bacon, sausage patties, fruit, juice, milk, Cream Cheese Paistry Delights, Sara's special Mixture (I forgot what it was called), and much much more. There were a lot of people there too. And it was a lovely day outside, so we just hung out for a while too.

In the evening it was Brit's birthday, so she and Steve invited us down to her parents place for a 'get-to-gether'. Her parents were out of town, so it got kind of rowdy on the Rock-Band. Nothing better to end the weekend than with Breakfast brunch, BBQ, cake and Rockband/guitar hero.

Oh, and on a side note, IF Rick had a blog it would have read:
'I got into Harvard, so now I have to start talking with a snooty accent.
I wonder if anyone else I know got in... hmmm,
I'm thinking of enrolling for this fall in the 'snooty accent' class so I at least sound smarter.
I'll probably be late for my first class... I really hate being on time. Its so Yesterday.'
[all said with a snooty Harvard accent]

1 comment:

Silvs said...

haha. being late is so yesterday indeed.