Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dentist visit

Oh what a drag. Why do dentists think I have money to give them? I don't you know. I have a hard time liking dentists I think. Not any dentist, just the ones working on my mouth.

I'm truly emotionally scarred from my childhood. My parents sent me to some drill happy dentist and didn't think twice. All growing up I took care of my teeth and everyone always complemented me on how nice and strong they were. But it took one mad dentist to destroy all that. Thanks to my parents for sending us to some lunatic who would search and search until he found a problem. From what I remember there wasn't a time that I went that he didn't claim to find a cavity, or something else which required a call back. Not only that, but my memory tells me that they didn't go to this guy cause they thought he was either drill-happy, or he had the opinion, 'when in doubt, pull the tooth'. So He wasn't good for my parents, but he was sure good enough for us kids. Jerks. Another traumatizing childhood memory.

So Yesterday I went and it actually wan't horrible. Remember my last visit? It was a severely traumatic experience that I won't likely forget. There's a special spot reserved for him in Dante's Hell, somewhere between the fourth and fifth circle I'm sure. So this new guy is nice, he doesn't push procedures that I don't want. He's not a salesman. And he actually explains things very nicely. They hygienist was a wealth of knowledge too! What I liked too, was that they seemed super fancy, as in they took digital x-rays as well as digital pictures of each tooth. They had a computer right next to the torture chair so they could work on both if they wanted. So when he said that I had a possible situation, he accompanied it with, "here, let me show you." How brilliant! I could actually see my teeth from his perspective and ask questions. Which turned to be more joking around on my part. I would definitely recommend this guy to anyone I know. And he was a recommendation from Jeff to me as well.

Although it will be pretty freaking expensive, I think my teeth are on the road to recovery.

No comments: