Hello Sportsfans,
I know its been a while since posting anything, but I had made a bet with that Cheryl girl and she said I blog to much, and dared me to hold off for a set amount of time. But on this occasion I just couldn't resist. This last Saturday we went to San Diego for the International Comic Book Convention called 'Comic-Con'. I remember purchasing tickets last February for this day. Tickets went on sale at 9am, and 125,000 tickets were all sold out 4.5 hours later for the four day event. I got my tickets two hours after being released and man was the internet busy with sales then. I just squeaked in. So it finally came upon us this last Saturday.
It was SO busy and crowded. I made Cheryl get up extra early so we could spend the Entire day there, knowing that it would be super busy. After all it takes two hours to get there from were we are. I absolutely had a blast. The whole city just oozed nerdyness. A common misconception is that they only deal with comic books. Not so! They deal with everything Pop-Culture... and I mean Everything! Over 1.2 million square feet of exhibition space. That's about 10 city blocks in San Diego. Thousands of vendors, tens of thousands of attendees, hundreds of discussion panels with celebrities and personalities of all calibers. They have got it all.
Cheryl was more interested in the discussion panels, and I was more interested in the nerdy stuff like video games, movies, art work, and of course the costumes! At least one third of the people were dressed up, if not more. Its a rough guess, but I believe there were about 31,000 there on the day we were. About 125,000 attended over all four days I heard. Thats a lot of nerds!
Monday, July 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment