In case you're wondering, this is the day that Christ ascended into heaven, 'Ascension' Day. Its not as popular because there's traditionally no gift giving. Its more popular over in Europe. But then again, its popular because its another day off of work over there.
So last night I was invited to go help my friend Jeff go pick up some furniture for his bedroom. I don't know why he needed more, but he said he did. I ran into that one girl I have been hanging out with recently and I invited her to tag along. Then we went to pick a truck from another friend. After Cheryl saw that it was an extra small two seater truck she decided that she did indeed have stuff to do, and left. It was indeed the smallest of pickup trucks ever made. As trucks are concerned it may be considered a mini. Then we went to this old decaying house deep in the west side which was in desperate need of a complete remodel. The owners had just inherited it from someone and the last time any work ( I repeat 'ANY work') was done in the 50's. I mean the outside of the house was painted in 'Princess Pink'! Anyway. It was only then that I saw the extent of the items that Jeff wanted to pick up. In Jeff's reality we should have brought 2-3 of these mini pick up trucks. We got the first few things in OK, a tall dresser and a long dresser, both in the 50's style. Then a Headboard, and a dresser mirror we finally tucked away behind the dressers after at least 30 minutes of placement debate. (I kid you not, at least 30 min.!) youzers! Luckily the person we were picking up from offered to help out, otherwise we would have been balancing even more stuff on top of this mini truck. Honestly, some kids own Tonka Trucks bigger than what we were driving.
So all that took up most of hour 1. Then driving back to Jeff's place with all this stuff balanced in the mini took up the second hour. At Jeff's place he already had a full room, so it took a bit of finesse to work it all in, but we finally got it. I called for that Cheryl girl, to see if she could come get me cause I didn't have a ride home. She seemed put out, but she gave in to my sad puppy-dog eyes, via the phone, and came and got me and brought me home.
So now, this being the next day my hands are still tore up, dry and raw from all that heavy wood moving. That's mostly why I dislike moving so much.
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment