Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Heat is ON

The Heat is ON ...as 'Glenn Frey' would say (sing). For the last few days the Heat has been ridiculous! Peaking two days ago, it was a wapping 108 degrees! And we live only 5 miles away from the ocean too. We're supposed to get cool ocean breezes every night to cool us off, but somehow the Wind gods were revolting against the Ocean breeze gods. And Hades was winning it all.
I woke up in the morning and I was already starting to sweat. (I'm sure you all want to hear about when I sweat.) Then I go outside, and usually its cooler outside than inside, but this time, Nope. I was hit in the face with a gust of fiery hot air, kind of like when you open the oven mid cookie-baking, minus the wonderful smell. So I pedal my way to work (15 minute trip) and the air rushing by me was nice, but the trip to work is all uphill, therefore my body temp. rises. It usually takes a few minutes for me to cool down, but not this day. I walk in my office and it was nicely cool (at first.) But as my body acclimated, I started to realize it wasn't that cool, only cooler than outside. We did have the air conditioner on all day, but it wasn't enough to keep up with the heat outside.

For lunch I took refuge at In n Out burger, only cause I knew that they keep their place cooler than normal (which is awesome) But that didn't last to long.

The heat lasted late into the night. I had the AC on until around 1:30 and the second I turned it off I could feel the heat beating upon my brow. Our building heats up so much, its almost painful sometimes.

Then the next day came and it was noticeably nicer. Still warm, but very tolerable. I could feel moments of cool air at work, and at home. The bike ride home was again like riding 'down an evening hill', instead of like down to hell.

Now today it seems like back to normal, which is nice and tolerable. And with Fall and eventually Winter fast upon us, it will cool down even more! I'm so excited.

No comments: