So a couple of weeks ago it was Dodger Day here in L.A. I talked Cheryl and Jeff into coming with me to 'kind-of' watch a baseball game. The main reason I wanted to go was because of the Dodger All-you-can-eat Buffet area. Yes, thats right, ALL you can eat section of the stadium. Sure its been many years since I've been to a baseball game (mostly cause its utterly boring!) and I'm always hungry when there, but like many people I'm fed up with paying ridiculous prices for cheap food. Our tickets were just 30 bucks, and that price was quickly padded with Hot Dog after Hot Dog. No more paying for 6 dollar hot dogs, 5 buck peanuts and popcorn, or 4 dollar drinks and nachos. We quickly made up the difference. It always takes a while cause the stadium is weird shaped and confusing, but upon arriving, we find the entrance and then immediately start with the food. By the end of the evening I downed 4 hot dogs, 1.5 things of nachos, and 2 small sodas. In a regular seat that would have cost about about 34 bucks; plus two bags of peanuts and a bag of popcorn for around 12 bucks. And we only spent 27 smackers on the tickets and 14 for parking (rip-off!), so it worked out alright in the end. I don't think the others ate as much as me, but it was still OK.
But what wasn't OK was about 4am, when it all came back to haunt me. I was woken up by my stomach, and it was angry with me. I didn't puke, but after a little bit, I felt better. I gave in and told myself not to do that again. I'll stick with NOT watching baseball at home.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment