So it was another Hot one here in the Southland. But then again, nothing like more inland like Riverside, Sacramento, or even Utah which all had temperature like in Hades.
On Friday I talked to that Cheryl girl from the neighborhoods into going down to Costco for Hot Dogs for dinner with me. It was kind of like a date I suppose. After a nice picnic dinner I then suggested we go and check out the super cool TV's that they have for sale. We were looking at one of the display models, I believe it was 46" or so, when I said, "This looks pretty good." But then Cheryl matter-of-factly says " Ya, its OK, but why not pay a few more hundred and get something a lot bigger?" At that moment I think I shed a tear. I thought to myself, 'Wow, this chick is pretty cool.' Cheryl doesn't mess around with TVs.
On Sunday morning I had to get up super early and go give a talk. It was just in our normal building, but in a different ward there. I gave the same talk as I did last month. Not something that I would normally do, but I spoke about my teeth, and since the majority of the ward there are aspiring dentists I thought it was appropriate. It was only ok. It probably went better last month, but whatever. When I said that it had been about 6 years since I'd been to the dentist I could hear the entire audience gasp. Not super loud, but noticeable. I was happy it was over with, and just rolled my eyes at thinking myself as the boring third Sunday speaker. Oh well. I gave them a good 5 minute talk. I just didn't care at all. Thats what makes me dangerous as a Sunday speaker you see. I don't care what they think, or say. But its over with for the rest of the year supposedly.
Our church was ok. We thankfully only had 3 kids in our class. I rejoiced in my heart. The other class had most kids there, including the wild one. Cheryl was happy that their class was the loud rowdy class again. Class actually went OK. we could actually teach the kids and control them! It went well, but really, its too little- too late. I still want out! (and don't worry, they know it! its gonna take much more than one acceptable week for me to stop hating children.)
During the day and late into the evening it was super hot in our place. We had the A/C on for a while too. I was suggesting to Cheryl that she practice making deserts, and she said she would, but only if we could use Jeff's kitchen. Its bigger, maybe cleaner, fuller (of ingredients), and then it turns out that they have a really good A/C (which may have been the strongest reason for Cheryl wanting to go there. So I called Jeff and proposed that we come over and made desert, and he happily agreed. Cheryl headed up the task of making a scrumptious Blueberry Cobbler, which she called a Blueberry Crisp. I guess its 'technical' name is Crisp, but I just see it as a cobbler. Ohh how delightful it was! The Bold blueberry taste was nicely complemented by the minimal sugar saturation in each berry. There may have been just as much delightful crisp topping as filling, which makes it just that much more wonderful to eat. It was simply heavenly. Cheryl opted for the creamy 'a la mode' effect where the Blueberry crisp was drowned in Vanilla Ice Cream. As where I just wanted to consume as much as possible, without diluting the rich and bold flavors. After Jeff Cheryl and I sampled the Blueberry Crisp, we soon noticed it was all gone. We will have to make more of it soon.
We then got tired and went home and watched our most favorite reality TV competition shows. Simply delightful.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment