So i went back for a check up of a check up. I was in and out in under 10 minutes. I was expecting to see Dr. Hot shot, but instead I got Dr. Salesmen. (In case you can't tell that's his new name in my eyes, a moniker if you will. I just came up with it, and it fits.)
I show up a little early, they sat me down right away, cleaned my gaping tooth pits out, then started to try to sell me on more stuff. First he wants to clean my teeth again. "No, you did that last time. " "Oh, Ya..." he says as hes looking at the chart. He then picks at some stuff and then starts flirting with me, saying " You're a good looking guy, you should really fill these gaps." Pointing to my secondary incisors. I wait until all instruments and fingers were out of my mouth before I state, "I'm Not doing veneers." He could see the look in my eye hinting, 'Don't even try to veneer me!'. Then he starts pointing out all these flaws in my teeth, and suggests "In that case, then you need braces." Still recovering from the veneer comment, I blankly ponder for 1-2 seconds, and say, " I don't think I need braces." So THEN he continues to point out all these problems with my teeth; namely 'cracked metal fillings': need to replace. The internet said that metal fillings are the old school filling, you can replace, but don't need to. I might one day, but I'll have my new dentist do it. Yes, thats right, I think I've been to him for the last time.
A few months back a few of us hung out with our old friend KA. She works in the teeth world, and as I told her my story, she said that I should run away and never look back to those guys. She said there were plenty of problems all over the place there. And during my story I guess I mentioned his name and my other friend Jessica starts freaking out cause she went to him too, and she hated the experience, and Dr.Salesmen too.
The thing that really got me was after I was done and getting out of the plastic covered torture chair, Dr Salesmen announces to the nurse/secretart person "No charge for James here." Oh, what are you doing a favor?! Don't kid yourself, I wasn't going to pay, even if you had wanted me too! If they had mentioned money, I would have brought up how much they charged me the last time, and that I was promised further dental work under that payment by Dr. Hotshot (which never happened). I would also ask about how he bills people. He's had me pay as I leave the office, rather than the normal 30 bill like most other places. I don't think that's completely kosher. But its done with now I guess. Plenty of money wasted I guess, savings accounts depleted; its hard to see all those things when you're in such pain. Maybe I should complain to my health care provider about his questionable practices... hmmm, that might be to much effort.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment