Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Being 'Served'

So we've been busy at work lately. I worked till 8, then go home. I was happily surprised to see Cheryl hard at work making food for dinner. I asked what it was and she had found some pork-chop thing to cook. I was skeptical, but it wasn't that bad (the pork chop factor, not the cheryl cooking factor.) I sit down to multi-task by surfing the internet and eating when I get a call from Jeff. I was expecting his call. He needed help serving court papers to his old landlord who stiffed him on his deposit. And cause he doesn't drive, and he can't do it himself, I the neutral party, was called into action. We had already been up there on Saturday afternoon, but no results. So I finish eating dinner and we drove up to this distant house. We saw lights on and so I go and pound on the door until someone answered. He didn't open the door, but I acted all cheery and said I had something for him, I handed it to him through the mail slot in the door then loudly announced that they are court papers. He acted all confused, shocked, but in the end, he's the one trying to cheat my friend out of 800 bucks! Old and dumb or not, you cant illegally cheat someone who went to Law school, and someone whose been researching the rental law for the last year!

No comments: