Tuesday, March 27, 2012

No time for Comic-Con

S0 if you haven't heard of Comic-Con, its a super huge, super awesome comic book convention celebrating everything pop-culture. From Video games, to TV shows, Movies, some music, Japanese animations and of course comic books, and much much more.

So It only happens once a year. Last year Cheryl and I went and had a blast. So we decided to try to go this year as well. And that's where the problems start. We weren't the only ones who wanted to go I guess. At first when tickets go on sale the ticket-sales website didn't work for 24 minutes. Finally when it did work, it had me wait in a que 40,000 people long. And since every person who purchases will probably buy more than one ticket, and the max is 60,000. No dice. I got down to number 2000 in line then it just stopped. I looked on twitter and found out from someone else that tickets were sold out. So the ticket selling website was just crap. At first it wouldn't let me buy, then it wouldn't tell me it didn't have what I wanted. Just lame!

So I recently get an email saying they have more tickets to sell. So I go through the same process: get up early, sit in front of the computer and try to buy tickets at the stroke of 8am when they go on sale. Similar to last time it gave me problems, but it eventually did work. instead of being broken for 24 minutes, it was only 4 minutes. So this time I'm number 2400 in line. After 10 long minutes I get to the front and I see that Saturday tickets are already sold out. I run into the other room to verify with Cheryl if Friday was OK, and then back to the computer. I clicked on Buy Now. Then it tells me 'Sorry, All sold out'. So Lame, all over again. So in that short window, I mistakenly let someone else buy my tickets. Simply annoying I tell you.

The only saving grace is that we did go to another smaller convention a few weekends ago. We still saw interesting stuff and lots of people dressed up, but its just not the same. Maybe because I couldn't get tickets the first time I just wanted to go that much more. I don't know. Either way I'm still going to write to the Comic-Con people and complain that I didn't get tickets.
Why can't everything just go my way?!

No comments: