This Last weekend Cheryl and I went to visit my Grandma at some sort of family party. At first I thought it was some sort of family gathering cause my cousin and her hubby came to town. It was her 10 year high school reunion or something like that.
(I didn't think people went to those anymore, but what do I know. I wasn't even invited to my 5 year high school thing, and NO I hadn't moved or changed info or anything. Those jerks. By the time my 10 year thing came around I had heard rumors of the party, but nothing firm until a few days before when a friend forwarded me a general email that was sent out asking for people to sign up and come. By then I just didn't care, and there's no one I really want to see from high school.)
The day before we were to go I called my cousin who was organizing the event and asked her what kind of food people were bringing. Then she told me it was just a group birthday party for everybody's birthday that she had ever missed. Cheryl and I had planned to bring cupcakes, but if its a b-day party, then there would be cake, so we had to change plans. We brought rolls instead.
So we drove out. It only took us about an hour. The weather was kind of glum. Cheryl talked on the phone the entire time, so I was left to my own mind to entertain me. When we get there to another cousin's house it turns out to be just a gathering, as I had originally thought, and a pot luck dinner. And it only turned out to be two great-grand kids birthdays. No cake or nothing. But it was fun to hang out with some of the cousin's that I never see.
My grandma is doing ok. 80-something years old and getting ready for another heart surgery. Wow. Go-grandma-go.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment