Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shampoo

I just felt like mentioning, the other day I had the greatest shampooing ever (no metaphor).

A day or two ago I decided to wash my hair. That Sheryl girl was whining about my hair being greasy. I reminded her that I was a Man, and it was supposed to be that way, rugged and strong, not soft and silky. But that night I decided to wash my hair. I used the usual shampoo that I normally do but this night, I did something extra. I used what some people call Conditioner. I really don't see the purpose of it, but this time when I used it, it was Grrrrreat! It felt just like washing my hair for a second time, and it felt like I had to rinse my hair twice cause it made my hair feel slimy. But after that I didn't think of it again until the next morning. And wow, the next morning my head felt superb! I don't even know how to explain it. It felt as if my head had gotten bigger, and it was tingling similar to when I first got it cut, and in a good way, not in a 'ut-oh I did something wrong' way. So I then felt extra good about the extra shampooing that I gave my hair. I better check out whats in that bottle of shampoo before I use it next time.

Remember a few years ago when I told you about that fancy shampoo I got that was made of real dolphin skin, and also bits of baby rainforest? It was not as intense as that, but the similar sensation did last longer than that. Hmmm, I wonder if that bottle of Conditioner uses tears from the baby rainforests... hmmm I must look into that.

----------a little back story----------

So, back to last Thursday; It was a little slow at work. So I had time to go visit my hair lady. Her salon is on the same block as my office, so I just have to walk through the parking lot to get there. I stopped by to make an appointment. I now have Fridays off, so I made an appointment for the next day. Then I left.

I get back to my office and realized there was a political rally the next day near by, so I didn't want to be around at the time I had made my appointment, so I go back to adjust my appointment and the lady said she could take me right then, so I went for it.

I like the lady I go to cause when she has time, she makes it like a whole spa treatment. She starts by washing my hair thoroughly. Scratching my scalp and massaging the neck and temples. Its very nice. Then after rinsing we move from the sink to the chair where she'll go and snip all disorderly hairs.

I like the 'hair-tugging and then snipping' sensation. Its like a mini-massage for each of my hairs. Then after she cuts it she'll wash it again, but while she's doing that I of course need a hot towel wrapped around my face. Maybe its so I don't talk, or so she doesn't have to look at me, but its there, and its nice and relaxing.

Then she'll shampoo me again (or condition my hair, I'm not exactly sure).

Then she'll sit me in the chair, finish up and then style it so I look ultra sleek for the ladies.

I'll feel all snazzy for a few hours, and by the next day it usually wears off. But this time was different.

No comments: