Monday, October 12, 2009

The Big '1'

We celebrated our big One-year Anniversary this last weekend. It was nice I guess... I tricked Cheryl into thinking that I wasn't going to do anything for it, kind of, cause I told her that I wasn't doing anything for it.
Then last Saturday I went out for donuts, then I came home with so much more.
I had ordered a fancy cream cheese/pumpkin spice cake from a fancy bakery nearby. It looked similar to our wedding cake, which was also lovely. It tasted pretty good too.
Then I also had prints made of the Big Day. We hadn't done that yet. I have about 10 favorites, so I had Costco print some of them for me. I also got a frame or two to go with the pictures.
THEN, I had my friend Jeff help me find some super cool behind-the-scenes pictures from the Sound of Music movie which are also pretty cool. It was the 'Paper -Anniversary' after all, if you follow that sort of thing.
THEN, on top of all that, I also had Donuts! Mmmm Mmmm good!

It was nice. I enjoyed it all. And I think she did too.

Then later that day we had Stake Conf. so we had to go to that too. (bah humbug).

Oh, but actually, we also had a chance to go down to Downtown Disney, and have lunch with Cheryl's brother. It was actually pretty fun. Traffic was pretty good on the freeway, but as soon as we got off, it was crazy. We ended up going to 'The Rainforest Cafe'. It was OK. I got a cheeseburger. I kept thinking to myself what part of the rainforest my burger came from, but I come to no solid conclusion. Their menu had some super fancy stuff, like lobster, but then it also had just plain regular stuff. Then of course an elaborate kids menu. Which was good for Cheryl's brother's kids. Emily, one of the kids, was at the top of her game. She had just been through most of the kids rides at the two theme parks, and now was ready for play time. As we sat there she kept asking for more and more napkins to color on with the Disney-crayons provided. She went through quite a few before the food came, but even then she wasn't that hungry cause she had just downed a plate of chips, dipped in Ketchup (Potato chips that is, not 'English' chips which means french fries).
After that I decided to treat myself to a small bag of chocolate covered caramel corn that Mickey does so well, so then we had to wait in line for at least 20 minutes behind some of the weirdest people at D-land.

Then home for my Saturday Nap.

Later that night at Stake Conf. it was horribly frustrating. Sure there was a '70' there, but all he did was have the Stake pres. call on people to come up and talk for 5 min. each! How ridiculous! I get enough weird speeches on fast Sunday, now it was taking up my Saturday Night! I was mad at myself for going minutes after it started. Luckily I had my trusty Drawing book with me, and I also got some pretty good drawing time it too. I was still mad for going though. When any G.A. comes to a conf. people go to hear him speak, but instead, it was just 'calling on random people time'. THEN, when he did get up he told us about where he was from, Africa, and then opened the meeting up for questions. That was an even huger mistake. Every crazy person in the room immediately raised their hands to ask questions about Africa. Mostly questions he didn't know like: How many languages are spoken in Africa? How many countries, How many people, etc. Crap like that. Sorry Elder 'Whoever', but I don't care that much about where you are from, not to discuss it for 35 min! I really wanted to stand up and ask him about his most favorite Birthday Cake, just to fit in with the stupid questions. Luckily someone did ask a 'spiritual' question so then the whole mood of the crowd's questioning turned to trying to get him to tell a spiritual/ inspiring story. Unfortunately he didn't, no matter how many times someone asked.
I didn't mind it that much, but he did have a fairly thick African accent.

Afterwords we jetted over to El Cholo for Dinner, in honor of the big dinner we had one year ago celebrating our union.

Then we went home and had more cake and Cheryl watched TV as I played my video games.
A happy anniversary indeed.

1 comment:

Talltiffany said...

You need to post photos of what you got Cheryl.

Joe